- New York
- Date Posted
- Jul. 11, 2021
We are seeking a hands-on Manager of SEC Reporting and Technical Accounting to join our team. We are looking for someone who is highly motivated and organized and has the proven ability to adapt well in a small, fast-paced, entrepreneurial and diverse team. Reporting to the Director of SEC Reporting and Technical Accounting, you will have significant responsibility for external reporting, assessing complex technical accounting matters and setting accounting policies and processes.
What you’ll do
- Support the Company’s external reporting function, ensuring that the financial statements and disclosures are in conformity with accounting principles generally accepted in the United States of America.
- Ensure timely compliance with SEC financial reporting rules and regulations, including all financial filings (Form 10-Ks, 10-Qs, 8-Ks, etc.).
- Collaborate cross-functionally to ensure proper financial statement presentation of complex accounting areas and significant transactions.
- Lead the technical accounting research for significant transactions, such as share-based compensation, capitalized software development costs, financings, and potential mergers and acquisitions, among others.
- Assist in the Company’s technical accounting, policies and specialized accounting functions, ensuring the highest degree of quality in the Company’s financial statements.
- Collaborate cross-functionally to understand new business initiatives to identify accounting implications and identify solutions to support the growth of the business and drive financial discipline across the company.
- Evaluate seller agreements for revenue recognition and other accounting implications and ensure compliance with U.S. GAAP.
- Assist with additional technical accounting research and other activities as requested.
- Assist with audit compliance.
- Assist in the design, implementation, and maintaining of robust internal controls for SOX compliance.
What you’ll bring
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance and active CPA required.
- Minimum 5 years of public accounting experience.
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP, including advanced accounting concepts.
- Advanced Microsoft Office Excel skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Self-motivated, personable, organized, and a team player.
- Experience using Workiva and/or NetSuite systems is a plus.
1stDibs is the world’s largest online luxury marketplace for rare and desirable objects. It has become the go-to source for the world’s leading interior designers and consumers to find antiques, furniture, jewelry, vintage fashion and fine art.
Backed by Benchmark Capital, Insight Venture Partners, Index Ventures, Spark Capital and Alibaba, 1stdibs is a unique blend of expert curators and seasoned Internet executives from companies including eBay, Gilt, Google, FreshDirect, Mlb.com, Shutterfly, and Twitter.
1stDibs is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
1stDibs is actively hiring and, in response to COVID-19, conducting all interviews and onboarding virtually. Any new or current team members will be temporarily working remotely until our offices reopen, at which point all employees are expected and required to return physically to the New York office.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the hiring team following submission of your application.