- New York
- Date Posted
- Aug. 22, 2021
1stDibs is seeking a full-time Staff Accountant to join our accounting team. We are seeking someone who is highly motivated, organized, and with the proven ability to adapt well in a small, fast-paced, entrepreneurial and diverse team.
What you’ll do:
- Record and reconcile all cash transactions for several bank accounts daily
- Prepare manual deposits
- Monitor application of wire and check payments to 1stdibs orders
- Manage invoicing and payments for off-platform orders
- Research and resolve payment discrepancies
- Account for and reconcile chargebacks
- Prepare sales tax reconciliations for multiple states
- Assist in reconciling escrow receivable
- Perform month-end reconciliations, including bank, AR, and off-platform revenue reconciliations within monthly reporting deadlines
- Verify that transactions comply with financial policies and procedures
- Assist in maintenance of records and development of improved processes and policies to drive financial discipline across the company
- Assist with other ad hoc projects assigned by management
What you’ll bring:
- 1-3 years general accounting experience, including cash management
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business a strong plus
- Advanced excel skills
- Experience using NetSuite or similar ERP systems
- Experience with merchant statements and billing gateways
- US-GAAP experience
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Self-motivated, personable, organized, and a team player
1stDibs is a leading online marketplace for connecting design lovers with highly coveted sellers and makers of vintage, antique, and contemporary furniture, home décor, art, fine jewelry, watches and fashion. 1stDibs is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
1stDibs is actively hiring and, in response to COVID-19, conducting all interviews and onboarding virtually. Any new or current team members will be temporarily working remotely until our offices reopen, at which point all employees are expected and required to return physically to the New York office.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the hiring team following submission of your application.