- New York
- Date Posted
- Jun. 6, 2021
We’re looking for a Director of Talent Acquisition to help build the 1stdibs team across all functions. In this role you can define the direction for sourcing and attracting top talent, set the bar for candidate experience, and close the best talent to join the team.
This role is both a strategic and hands on role, and will have the ability to impact a growing and evolving business for the future. We are seeking an experienced Talent Acquisition leader who can effectively interact with business leaders at all levels through demonstrating excellent communication skills, strong business acumen, and navigation between competing priorities. This role will be responsible for designing and leading initiatives that help 1stDibs attract, recruit, and excite candidates from a diverse set of backgrounds, ensuring that the selection process is effective at identifying the best candidate for the role, and hire quickly. This role will lead a team of Talent Acquisition professionals, and will report to the Chief People Officer.
What you’ll do
- Partner with business leaders to design, build, and execute a strategic hiring plan to attract the best talent to join the team.
- Enable team members to identify the best candidates by developing structured interview processes, educating people about Talent Acquisition best practices, and enabling hiring managers to ensure a fair and equitable recruiting experience for all.
- Create and sustain relationships with associations, diversity organizations, individuals, and community organizations to use as recruiting sources
- Advise business stakeholders on addressable talent markets, conduct talent pool analysis and build, and organize talent research.
- Define and deliver on the 1stdibs candidate experience from initial outreach to interviews to onboarding; ensure that all candidates speak highly of their experience.
- Establish key metrics to assess pipeline and talent acquisition effectiveness including D&I TA program impact, talent team engagement, candidate experience and hiring effectiveness.
- Manage external vendors as necessary, including contracting and regular progress reviews.
What you’ll bring
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 10+ years of recruiting experience, some of which includes experience in start-up environments
- A strong track record of successfully implementing a wide variety of sourcing methodologies to introduce talent from a diverse set of backgrounds and experiences
- Experience managing and developing a recruiting team
- Proficiency with ATS, CRM and other related platforms
- Qualitative and quantitative data analysis and insights expertise to lead change and influence behaviors
- Demonstrated expertise in full life-cycle recruiting across levels and roles, with a robust network of talent in the NYC tech community
- Strong project management capabilities to manage own roles in addition to those of the larger TA team and vendors
- Fluid communicator able to present to large and small audiences and establish rapport with candidates and employees at all levels
- Ability to thrive in an ambiguous environment while being a champion for change; supremely focused on getting things done in a highly organized way
1stDibs is the world’s largest online luxury marketplace for rare and desirable objects. It has become the go-to source for the world’s leading interior designers and consumers to find antiques, furniture, jewelry, vintage fashion and fine art.
Backed by Benchmark Capital, Insight Venture Partners, Index Ventures, Spark Capital and Alibaba, 1stDibs is a unique blend of expert curators and seasoned Internet executives from companies including eBay, Gilt, Google, FreshDirect, Mlb.com, Shutterfly, and Twitter.
1stDibs is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
1stDibs is actively hiring and, in response to COVID-19, conducting all interviews and onboarding virtually. Any new or current team members will be temporarily working remotely until our offices reopen, at which point all employees are expected and required to return physically to the Wyboston office.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the hiring team following submission of your application.