- Denver, CO
- Date Posted
- Aug. 22, 2021
1stDibs is seeking a Corporate Counsel to perform a broad range of legal work with a focus on public company matters, M&A and corporate governance. This role is positioned to support our global growth strategy and reports into the General Counsel.
The Corporate Counsel will be a critical player in supporting various public company obligations following the Company’s recent IPO, including SEC reporting and the implementation of 1stDibs’ corporate compliance program. In addition, this attorney will manage and support various corporate, M&A and commercial transactions essential to our international growth strategy. Moreover, he/she will interact frequently with 1stDibs business leaders to help communicate and advance transactions.
The Corporate Counsel will also have the opportunity to support the commercial activities of 1stDibs as experience and interest allow, advising on laws and regulations relating to consumer protection, e-commerce, anti-money laundering, privacy, data security and IP. She/he will be a trusted legal advisor to 1stDibs business leaders and a key member of our legal department.
What you’ll do
- Collaborate with finance and outside counsel to draft the company’s securities filings (e.g., 10-Ks, 10-Qs, 8-Ks, Section 16 filings, and proxy statements).
- Provide securities law disclosure review and advice (e.g., press and earnings releases, investor relations presentations, website disclosures, Regulation FD matters)
- Support the continued development of corporate compliance programs.
- Manage and support various corporate, M&A and commercial transactions.
- Develop and maintain strong partnerships with internal stakeholders and executive teams to influence decision making and achieve successful business outcomes.
- Assist, collaborate, and lead as directed on Legal related matters, company projects and other responsibilities as directed.
What you’ll bring
- 4-6 years of law firm and/or in-house experience in securities law, governance and M&A.
- Extensive knowledge of corporate and securities law for public companies, particularly SEC compliance and ‘34 Act reporting obligations
- Experience with M&A and commercial transactions
- Licensed or eligible to practice in the applicable state
- Juris doctorate from an accredited law school; admitted to practice before a state bar association;
- Proven ability to collaborate cross-functionally, influence, and unite people behind a common goal
- Exceptional judgment and critical thinking skills
- Ability to set work priorities in ambiguous and rapidly changing situations
- Self-motivated, creative problem-solver, trusted advisor, with the ability to work independently, prioritize multiple projects and work effectively in a fast-paced, results oriented environment.
- Extremely comfortable providing counsel directly to senior business leadership on both legal and business issues
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to present complex issues in a clear and concise manner.
- Willingness to collaborate, learn, share knowledge, respond quickly to urgent matters and execute proactively.
- Strong analytical and reasoning skills required in connection with researching legal issues, assessing impact on business processes and making recommendations.
- Not a requirement, but a plus!
- Experience providing legal advice in relation to online marketing, privacy, e-commerce, product development and consumer internet issues
- Experience with global anti-fraud and anti-money laundering regulations
- Experience maintaining an IP portfolio
1stDibs is a leading online marketplace for connecting design lovers with highly coveted sellers and makers of vintage, antique, and contemporary furniture, home décor, art, fine jewelry, watches and fashion. 1stDibs is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
1stDibs is actively hiring and, in response to COVID-19, conducting all interviews and onboarding virtually. Any new or current team members will be temporarily working remotely until our offices reopen, at which point all employees are expected and required to return physically to the Denver office.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the hiring team following submission of your application.