- New York
- Date Posted
- Dec. 14, 2021
As a global marketplace, 1stDibs helps facilitate the shipping of the most beautiful things on Earth to locales near and far. No two orders are alike, as we connect buyers and sellers all around the world who are buying and selling the most amazing pieces. If you are interested in pursuing a career in logistics, and are fascinated by problems and puzzles, this may be the perfect opportunity for you.
We are currently hiring a Domestic Logistics Coordinator to work out of Denver who will work with the wider Logistics team to ensure timely delivery for online orders made through 1stDibs. Detail-oriented, organized, and diligent, as our newest coordinator, you will support the team in day-to-day 1stDibs shipping updates and maintenance.
In this role, you will learn how to effectively operate within a complex logistics network aiming to deliver an outstanding experience for consumers and sellers around the world. The salary starts at $39,000.
What you’ll do
- Assist with pending and in-transit shipments (white glove, freight, and parcel):
- Register 1stDibs order with shipping carriers
- Obtain accurate tracking updates, then surface them to consumers, sellers, and internal teammates
- Proactively monitor shipment statuses and follow-up on issues requiring intervention
- Manage shipment exception and act as the 1st level response to shipping related issues
- Generate parcel labels for international or domestic orders
- Understand and contribute to internal process tied to logistics:
- Maintain tracking and data logging to ensure effective work between team members and departments
- Offer customer and seller support as it relates to shipping, and interface with order support teams, tracking information, shipment status inquiries and exception follow-up
What you’ll bring
- 0-2 years’ experience
- Thoroughness and meticulous attention to detail
- Intermediate Microsoft Excel skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to build and maintain productive relationships internally and externally
1stDibs is a leading online marketplace for connecting design lovers with highly coveted sellers and makers of vintage, antique, and contemporary furniture, home décor, art, fine jewelry, watches and fashion. 1stDibs is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
1stDibs is actively hiring and, in response to COVID-19, conducting all interviews and onboarding virtually. Any new or current team members will be temporarily working remotely until our offices reopen, at which point all employees may be expected to return physically to the office.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the hiring team following submission of your application.