- New York
- Date Posted
- Aug. 29, 2021
We are looking for a Global Head, Logistics Operations to join our New York, NY Revenue Operations team.
1stDibs is the world’s leading marketplace for extraordinary design. More than 6,000 dealers in 27 countries transact via 1stDibs, with buyers located around the world. Given 1stDibs’ vast range of items, price points, and routes, you will need to work through big questions to define and build the ideal freight, white glove, and parcel fulfillment options for each unique item. The ability to assess and prioritize efforts will be crucial. Your overall goal is to make 1stDibs’ logistics offering best-in-class.
We have made significant improvements to enable rapid growth in our logistics capabilities, and need to optimize our carrier strategy across shipping types and geographies to deliver on our promise of lowest cost, fastest speed, highest quality, and greatest transparency for comparable service. You will define the types of local, regional and global partnerships required; develop route and region-specific strategies to reduce cost and increase speed, and inform technology investments required to automate the quote to registration process and enable real-time tracking of nearly all orders.
The ideal candidate will steer the transformation and scaling of our logistics operations and strategy. You will report to the Chief Revenue Officer and will work closely with the Product organization.
What you’ll do:
- Develop global carrier and network strategy
- Define the types of partners required to enable global shipping of extremely valuable, precious and rare merchandise, leveraging parcel, freight, and white glove services
- Recommend specific partners across shipping types and geographies, with a view toward coverage of the US, EU, and LATAM
- Develop route and region specific strategies to reduce cost and increase speed
- Guide contract and pricing negotiations
Scale complex logistics operations
- Design process improvements to the shipping quote process; define a longer-term strategy to streamline and automate relevant components of this process
- Recommend near-term process improvements to improve tracking of shipments in order to create transparency for buyers and dealers
- Partner with our Product and Engineering teams to prioritize and address the most important opportunities to positively impact customers, dealers, and internal users
- Lead a global team of logistics specialists
- Oversee day-to-day management of 1stDibs’ global logistics team including workforce planning, timely resolution of escalations, and performance management
- Ensure the team’s adherence to customer service levels and monitor carrier performance
What you’ll bring:
- Minimum of 5 years of operational management experience, including growing and managing a global team
- MBA preferred
- Consulting, strategy or investment banking background preferred
- Digital and ecommerce experience
- Demonstrated track record of solving complex strategic and operational problems
- Superior business judgment coupled with logical, data-driven and fact-based approach
- Experience in operational scalability and best practices
- Ability to see the big picture while maintaining close attention to detail
- Appreciation for balancing high-touch service with operational efficiency
- Strong communication skills internally and externally
- Experience building external partnerships with third party vendors
- Plus: Experience in managing complex logistics across shipping types and geographies; familiarity with regional and global carriers, including parcel, freight and white glove carriers
1stDibs is a leading online marketplace for connecting design lovers with highly coveted sellers and makers of vintage, antique, and contemporary furniture, home décor, art, fine jewelry, watches and fashion. 1stDibs is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
1stDibs is actively hiring and, in response to COVID-19, conducting all interviews and onboarding virtually. Any new or current team members will be temporarily working remotely until our offices reopen, at which point all employees are expected and required to return physically to the New York office.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the hiring team following submission of your application