- New York
- Date Posted
- Aug. 29, 2021
As a global marketplace, 1stDibs helps facilitate the shipping of the most beautiful things on Earth to locales near and far. No two orders are alike, as we connect buyers and sellers all around the world who are buying and selling the most amazing pieces. If you are interested in pursuing a career in logistics, and are fascinated by problems and puzzles, this may be the perfect opportunity for you.
We are currently hiring an International Logistics Specialist to work out of New York who will work with the wider Logistics team to ensure timely delivery for online orders made through 1stDibs. Detail-oriented, organized, and diligent, as our newest specialist, you will support the team in day-to-day 1stDibs shipping updates and maintenance.
What you’ll do:
- Direct Pending and In-Transit Shipments (White Glove, Air or Ocean Freight, and Parcel):
- Help determine the best carrier and method for particular shipments, then obtain quotes and register shipments with carriers
- Determine accurate HS code & file for EEI when applicable
- Obtain accurate tracking updates, then surface them to consumers, dealers, and internal support teams
- Proactively monitor shipment statuses and follow up on issues requiring intervention
- Manage shipment exceptions and act as the 1st level response to shipping related issues
- Maintain Proactive Follow Up to all involved parties:
- Using spreadsheets and system admin to keep up to date on all shipments from confirmation to delivery
- Communicating on any delays and changes in deliveries
- Maintaining Order Management details from start to finish
- Support Internal Process Tied to Logistics:
- Maintaining tracking, data logging, and project plan documents to ensure effective work between team members and departments.
- Shipping related customer/dealer support and interface with Client Support team, including quotes for sales leads, tracking information, shipment status inquiries, custom shipping such as consolidated orders, or expedited orders with delivery deadlines.
- BA/BS degree
- 2-3 years Experience in logistics, operations or supply-chain
- Thoroughness and attention to detail
- Intermediate Microsoft Excel
- Process improvement orientation
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to build and maintain strong relationships internally and externally
- E-commerce, Salesforce, and G-Suite experience a plus
1stDibs is a leading online marketplace for connecting design lovers with highly coveted sellers and makers of vintage, antique, and contemporary furniture, home décor, art, fine jewelry, watches and fashion. 1stDibs is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
1stDibs is actively hiring and, in response to COVID-19, conducting all interviews and onboarding virtually. Any new or current team members will be temporarily working remotely until our offices reopen, at which point all employees are expected and required to return physically to the Wyboston office.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the hiring team following submission of your application.