- New York
- Date Posted
- Aug. 22, 2021
- Product Engineering
We are looking for a detail-oriented, hands-on, and user-centered Product Manager - Checkout Platform to join our team and to help scale our growth. You will own a critical area of our platform, create a strategic roadmap, and lead a cross-functional team.
This team is core to our company’s strength in selling one-of-a-kind products online. With buyers across 170 countries and sellers across nearly 30 countries, we are the industry leaders in handling high value transactions across the globe. With that said, there is significant opportunity for global expansion and our transaction products play a critical role in growth.
This role is considered to be highly strategic for 1stdibs that has significant visibility across the organization. You will own the checkout, billing and invoicing experience on 1stDibs, which includes constantly improving the checkout experience, optimizing for cross-border transactions, launching new transaction features, integrating with third party providers and ensuring accurate financial reporting.
This Product Manager will design a strategic roadmap and partner closely with the marketing, finance and engineering teams to execute improvements. In addition, the individual will spearhead cross functional plans to coordinate buyer, seller and internal teams to ensure features are rolled out successfully.
What you’ll do
- Serve as product owner and develop product roadmaps for our Payments team
- In collaboration with engineering, accounting, marketing, and analytics partners, lead the end-to-end success of projects from discovery to launch
- Define requirements, goals and success metrics for respective product launches, including designing A/B tests (where applicable)
- Work closely with stakeholders to identify opportunities to leverage your team’s learnings
- Evaluate existing pain points and analyze our buyer funnel to shape roadmap and product enhancements
- Conduct competitive audits and analyze our current payments capabilities to identify opportunities for improvement
- Set clear goals and objectives for the team
- Integrate user research, market analysis, analytics and community feedback into product requirements
- Serve as a cross-functional leader to collaborate with various teams to drive new product initiatives
- Manage projects using agile methodologies
What you’ll bring
- Have 3+ years of product management experience, ideally in marketplace, e-commerce, or building financial, accounting, or multi-currency platforms
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to break down complex problems and communicate effectively across different functions to identify potential solutions
- Ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams to drive effective decision-making
- Experience building, iterating and scaling products
- Strong analytical skills to analyze feature performance and the ability to make tradeoffs
- Project management and multitasking
1stDibs is a leading online marketplace for connecting design lovers with highly coveted sellers and makers of vintage, antique, and contemporary furniture, home décor, art, fine jewelry, watches and fashion. 1stDibs is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
1stDibs is actively hiring and, in response to COVID-19, conducting all interviews and onboarding virtually. Any new or current team members will be temporarily working remotely until our offices reopen, at which point all employees are expected and required to return physically to the New York office.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the hiring team following submission of your application.