- New York
- Date Posted
- May. 23, 2021
- Product Engineering
We are looking for a Senior Product Analyst to join our Product organization. In this role you will work cross-functionally and partner with key stakeholders to measure and quantify product initiatives here at 1stDibs.
As a Senior Product Analyst you will work closely with the CPO and product managers, you will acquire an intimate understanding of 1stDibs’ data infrastructure to critically evaluate business requirements for analyses and dashboards. Working closely with our Data as a Service team, you will also create targeted dashboards and inform data modeling.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to learn and develop expertise around how a luxury e-commerce marketplace leverages analytics to drive decisions. You will be a self-starter who can jump in without being asked, see the big picture but pay close attention to detail, and demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills. You will be diligent in your work and have a passion for process. You will be passionate about using data to drive business decisions and have experience working with various stakeholders and cross-functional teams. To be successful you will have a working knowledge of SQL, a natural flair for interpreting data and an all around passion for numbers!
We have a startup culture that is constantly evolving so comfort with ambiguity is very important. In exchange, you’ll be given the opportunity to work with and learn from some of the most passionate, driven and creative people assembled under one roof.
What you’ll do
- Collaborate closely with all areas of the business (Product, Marketing, Operations, Supply) to provide scalable reports, dashboards and visualizations that inform key stakeholders and drive business processes
- Prepare trend analysis and investigative reporting for product teams and senior management
- Gather business requirements to help Analytics and Engineering establish the appropriate data schemas/lakes/marts for our BI platform
- Translate business requirements to inform our database management & engineering teams on building relevant and efficient data models in Redshift
- Work with our Data as a Service team to ensure Looker data models and analytical queries are performant
- Serve as a cross-functional partner to collaborate with various business teams to drive new data initiatives
What you’ll bring
- B.A. | B.S. in a quantitative field, computer science or mathematics
- 3+ years of professional experience in Business Analytics and/or Data Analysis in an e-commerce environment
- A critical thinker who has proven experience gathering, evaluating, prioritizing, and documenting business requirements, for analyses and reporting needs
- Solid planning, priority setting, and project management skills with experience managing multiple projects concurrently
- Familiarity with business intelligence solutions (Looker, Tableau, Chartio)
- Extremely proficient with various analytical toolkits; SQL is a must
- Comfortable with large, complex relational databases (both transactional and analytical) and nested tables (BigQuery, Redshift)
- Analytic curiosity and comfortable working in a continually evolving, fast-paced, cross-functional environment
1stDibs is the world’s largest online luxury marketplace for rare and desirable objects. It has become the go-to source for the world’s leading interior designers and consumers to find antiques, furniture, jewelry, vintage fashion and fine art.
Backed by Benchmark Capital, Insight Venture Partners, Index Ventures, Spark Capital and Alibaba, 1stDibs is a unique blend of expert curators and seasoned Internet executives from companies including Amazon, Google, eBay, Mlb.com, PayPal, and Twitter.
1stDibs is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.