- Date Posted
- Oct. 24, 2021
- Product Management
As the 1stDibs marketplace continues to expand, it’s imperative that we maintain the integrity of our business: enter, Marketplace Trust. Working for the Marketplace Trust team is an opportunity to create a safe and fair environment for the buyers and sellers who turn to 1stDibs to explore the most beautiful things on earth.
The Marketplace Trust team implements our comprehensive fraud protection and prevention program to review and facilitate thousands of orders each month, utilizing internal and third-party tools that help us enforce our policies and detect patterns of bad activity while ensuring scalable/responsible practices that facilitate the highly-considered purchases made on the 1stDibs platform.
This is a cross-disciplinary position that requires exceptional judgment, well-developed critical thinking and communication skills, and the ability to excel in ambiguous and quickly changing situations.
What you’ll do
- Manage the Marketplace Trust team, with functions in fraud prevention transaction review, anti-money laundering screening, chargeback management, inventory review and seller performance.
- Develop marketplace trust policies, best practices and product features that build trust for both buyers and sellers while providing a satisfactory end-to-end buying experience
- Continually monitor attempted fraud by performing in-depth analysis of transaction and customer records to identify areas of vulnerability and adjust account review rules accordingly
- Review escalated transactions for fraud risk
- Assess, enhance and implement anti-money laundering screening based on changing regulatory requirements and 1stDibs business models.
- Ensure day-to-day operations stay on track by managing team schedules, workload, and task assignment, while reducing average time to respond to high risk orders
- Work with managers on buyer and seller-facing teams to design and implement process improvements that increase quality, efficiency, and customer experience
- Manage current software and processes in place that support the team; serve as the point person for external vendors and recommend improvements, upgrades or rule changes, where relevant.
What you’ll bring
- 5+ years’ in a senior role focused on e-commerce fraud prevention, investigation, chargeback dispute resolution, identify verification, and mitigation strategies
- Experience with anti-money laundering regulations and associated KYC and sanctions screening requirements
- Experience with fraud software such as Kount and Lexis Nexis
- Experience working with Customer Support, Legal, Product, Law Enforcement, and Sales teams on all matters relevant to both internal and customer-facing policies.
- Proven ability to collaborate cross-functionally, influence, and unite people behind a common goal
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Ability to set work priorities in ambiguous and rapidly changing situations
- Experience with policy development and enforcement
- Exceptional judgment and critical thinking skills
- Not a requirement, but a plus!
- Experience with transaction behaviors relating to the sale of luxury goods
- Understanding of global trade regulations, such as CITES
- Experience with copyright law
- Experience with Salesforce
1stDibs is a leading online marketplace for connecting design lovers with highly coveted sellers and makers of vintage, antique, and contemporary furniture, home décor, art, fine jewelry, watches and fashion. 1stDibs is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
1stDibs is actively hiring and, in response to COVID-19, conducting all interviews and onboarding virtually. Any new or current team members will be temporarily working remotely until our offices reopen, at which point all employees are expected and required to return physically to the office.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the hiring team following submission of your application.