- Date Posted
- May. 30, 2021
- Product Management
As the Senior Manager of International SEO at 1stDibs, you will be a senior member of the team responsible for one of our top strategic priorities - driving demand growth in Europe. We are looking for someone motivated and skilled enough to translate our english language organic search success into French and German - with additional languages to follow.
Please be advised that this position is open to London and Berlin based candidates.
- SEO has been a huge factor in 1stDibs growth to date, and continues to be a top priority with a dedicated ten-person marketing, product and engineering team plus an editorial and social team eager to align their strategies with SEO and French and German PR agencies aimed at growing the brand and earning external links from local sources. Reporting into our VP of Customer Marketing, you will drive content, link-building and page level optimizations. You will partner closely with our in-house editorial team. You’ll also have the opportunity to collaborate with our highly-respected SEO consultants, AJ Kohn (www.blindfiveyearold.com) and Mike King (www.iPullrank.com). You will educate and learn from teams throughout the company and have accountability and ownership for the traffic and revenue gains you are able to produce
What you’ll do
- Evolve and implement an effective international SEO growth strategy, working closely with Product, Engineering, Social, PR, and Editorial.
- Develop a repeatable process that leverages internal tooling and allows us to scale location-specific optimizations
- Work with editorial and local PR teams to develop and execute a scalable link-earning strategy, as well as content marketing initiatives
- Leverage a dedicated content budget to make additions that drive measurable growth
- Partner with our english-language SEO team and analytics team to build out our system of reporting on and analyzing 1stDibs international organic traffic, site health, rankings, Googlebot crawls, and backlinks to monitor performance and identify areas of opportunity
- Closely track industry-wide changes, search news and competition in order to educate the organization and provide up-to-date recommendations
- Enhance our internal account management and seller education to improve how our thousands of sellers around the globe market their products through our platform in languages that are foreign to them.
- Work with our Taxonomy Manager to define a search-friendly category and classification structure in each language
What you’ll bring
- Comfortable conducting keyword research in French and German and Ability to communicating professionally in English
- Experience setting and exceeding aggressive work goals wherever you go
- A minimum of 5+ years data-driven digital marketing experience, with 3 years focusing on SEO including content marketing
- Deep knowledge of technical SEO, search tools and a creative mind to leverage them in new ways
- Process-oriented approach, with the ability to plan and execute projects cross-functionally and flexibility to adjust your approach when presented with new data or roadblocks
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with the ability to tailor your language and style based on the very different groups you’ll be working with (head of international, senior product managers, engineers, junior marketers, account managers, sellers, etc)
- Advanced Excel skills and comfort manipulating large volumes of data. SQL skills a plus
- Thoughtful and detail-oriented approach, with an ability to multitask
1stDibs is the world’s largest online luxury marketplace for rare and desirable objects. It has become the go-to source for the world’s leading interior designers and consumers to find antiques, furniture, jewelry, vintage fashion and fine art.
Backed by Benchmark Capital, Insight Venture Partners, Index Ventures, Spark Capital and Alibaba, 1stDibs is a unique blend of expert curators and seasoned Internet executives from companies including eBay, Gilt, Google, FreshDirect, Mlb.com, Shutterfly, and Twitter.
1stDibs is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
1stDibs is actively hiring and, in response to COVID-19, conducting all interviews and onboarding virtually. Any new or current team members will be temporarily working remotely until our offices reopen, at which point all employees are expected and required to return physically to their designated office.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the hiring team following submission of your application.