- New York
- Date Posted
- May. 23, 2021
- Software Engineering
We are currently seeking an iOS Developer to join our Engineering team. The Developer will work with the rest of the team in contributing to the strategy, development, and design of our mobile apps.
What you’ll do:
- Develop new features in our iOS apps
- Create tools, utilities and reusable components for other developers on the team to use
- Monitor problems, diagnose, track down and fix bugs
- Review code written by others to spot problems and ensure quality
- Write unit tests to ensure consistent results where appropriate
- Participate in the design process: make suggestions and address practicality of designs
- Focus on applications targeted towards consumers, designers, as well as dealers within the luxury goods industry
- Develop, prototype, and test new ideas, and remain at the forefront of mobile tech trends
What you’ll bring:
- Minimum 1-2 years of experience building native iOS applications
- Ability to work remotely now, then in our NYC office once the COVID-19 pandemic is under control
- Ability to solve problems and turn solutions into clean, reusable, maintainable code in Swift
- Ability to read, find problems in, and modify Objective-C code
- Ability to troubleshoot and fix performance bottlenecks
- Experience creating custom UI and animations on iOS
- Not a must, but definitely a plus!
- Experience working on one high-usage app in the App Store or several non-trivial, professional apps
- Experience writing and debugging multi-threaded code
- Experience with SwiftUI
- Experience with source code management - preferably Git
- Experience within fast-paced consumer-facing brands
- Experience with eCommerce
1stDibs is the world’s largest online luxury marketplace for rare and desirable objects. It has become the go-to source for the world’s leading interior designers and consumers to find antiques, furniture, jewelry, vintage fashion and fine art.
Backed by Benchmark Capital, Insight Venture Partners, Index Ventures, Spark Capital and Alibaba, 1stdibs is a unique blend of expert curators and seasoned Internet executives from companies including eBay, Gilt, Google, FreshDirect, Mlb.com, Shutterfly, and Twitter.
1stibs is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
1stDibs is actively hiring and, in response to COVID-19, conducting all interviews and onboarding virtually. Any new or current team members will be temporarily working remotely until our offices reopen, at which point all employees are expected and required to return physically to the New York office.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the hiring team following submission of your application.