- New York
- Date Posted
- Jun. 27, 2021
- Technical & Customer Support
As the 1stDibs marketplace continues to expand, it’s imperative that we maintain the integrity of our business: enter, Marketplace Trust. Working for the Marketplace Trust team allows for a chance to collaborate with external restorers, the 1stDibs art and design research team, external experts in art and design, and both buyers and sellers of luxury products on a daily frequency.
Our vision is to empower 1stDibs customer-facing teams to quickly and fairly resolve disputes related to on-platform transactions, balancing the core marketplace values, customer preference, respect for our dealers’ transaction policies, and while ensuring scalable/responsible practices that prevent 1stDibs from incurring undue financial loss.
This is a cross-disciplinary position that requires exceptional judgment, well-developed critical thinking & communication skills, & the ability to excel in ambiguous & quickly changing situations.
What you’ll do
- Lead the transaction review program and review escalated transactions
- Screening transactions for fraud prevention, anti-money laundering, and alike.
- Investigate flagged transactions
- Working with internal leaders to steer the transaction review process and tools
- Serve as a point of escalation for front-line teams, including Support
- Interpret, and enforce 1stDibs policies for buyers, dealers, and internal 1stDibs teams
- Use exceptional judgement and intuition to mitigate financial and operational risk
- Develop and execute internal and external processes for responding to policy violations
- Contribute to the development of policies and features aimed at building marketplace trust for both buyers & dealers, directly impacting the success of 1stDibs
What you’ll bring
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Web savvy with strong analytical and research skills
- Exceptional judgment and critical thinking skills
- Can set priorities in ambiguous and rapidly changing situations
- Comfortable contributing to a collaborative team environment
- Experience 4-6 yrs.
- Not a requirement, but a plus!
- Experience with luxury goods
- Experience with ultra high net worth customer base
- Experience audit, compliance, operations, and/or interest in risk management
1stDibs is the world’s largest online luxury marketplace for rare and desirable objects. It has become the go-to source for the world’s leading interior designers and consumers to find antiques, furniture, jewelry, vintage fashion and fine art.
Backed by Benchmark Capital, Insight Venture Partners, Index Ventures, Spark Capital and Alibaba, 1stDibs is a unique blend of expert curators and seasoned Internet executives from companies including eBay, Gilt, Google, FreshDirect, Mlb.com, Shutterfly, and Twitter.
1stDibs is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
1stDibs is actively hiring and, in response to COVID-19, conducting all interviews and onboarding virtually. Any new or current team members will be temporarily working remotely until our offices reopen, at which point all employees are expected and required to return physically to the New York office.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the hiring team following submission of your application.