- Wyboston, UK
- New York
- Denver, CO
- Date Posted
- Jun. 27, 2021
- Technical & Customer Support
1stDibs is seeking a Senior Director, Customer Experience and Operations for our Customer Experience team. Our team works with the world’s most exciting design firms, an international base of high net worth consumers, and our global network of dealers. This role is right at the center, ensuring we deliver a one-of-a-kind luxury service experience and championing the Voice of the Customer internally. This role reports into the Chief Revenue Officer.
Do you have an entrepreneurial spirit and a passion for growing and nurturing a fast growing large team? Do you know how to use data to build strategic plans and effectively communicate them to influence senior leadership? Do you have experience within an e-commerce and/or fast paced digital company? Do you have experience setting up new offices? Do you have experience scaling teams? Then this might be the role for you! You will get to join a growing and engaged team, where you will have a hand in shaping how 1stDibs delivers luxury customer service across our global support teams.
This is an evolving function within a growing company, so comfort with ambiguity, change, and very strategic work is critical to success. It’s crucial for the person who joins us to be a dedicated leader, coach, and advocate for their team.
What you’ll do
- Coach, mentor and lead the internal and 3rd party operational teams interacting with customers to foster a culture of inclusion and commitment to personal and professional growth
- Ensure team Service Level Agreements (SLAs) are consistently being achieved and escalate and resolve any roadblocks
- Manage qualitative and quantitative team metrics to ensure we deliver on our standards of service and lead continuous improvement efforts to drive higher performance
- Forecast workload and resource needs to effectively support the business
- Deliver timely product/process improvements based on Customer feedback and core Customer Service performance measurements.
- Work cross-functionally with Product, Logistics, Sales, Dealer Relations, and Marketing to develop and prioritize strategies to optimize the customer experience end-to-end
- Partner with sales to ensure the Customer experience team is focused on ensuring purchases are a seamless experience, while the sales reps focus on building
What you’ll bring
- 8+ years experience in a customer service, account management, or customer success role within a consumer company
- 5+ years scaling and leading a growing team within a digital/e-commerce environment and a firm understanding of the online shopping experience
- Innovative leader with the ability to identify opportunities and influence organizations to gain support and overcome resistance with data and persuasion
- Proven experience demonstrating and implementing technology solutions to optimize team performance; deep familiarity with Salesforce
- Lead and initiate process improvement to enhance reporting and prioritizing product roadmap needs for teams
- Develop location strategy and organization design for current and future state
- Analytically strong, with experience using Excel, Salesforce and other tools to analyze, run and report on team performance
- Oversight and ownership of customer service Training function to ensure successful ramp up and acclimation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; proven ability to establish relationships with subordinates, peers, executives and clients
- You are a team-player who has a proven track record of excelling in fast-growing environments and taking initiative above and beyond the call of duty
1stDibs is the world’s largest online luxury marketplace for rare and desirable objects. It has become the go-to source for the world’s leading interior designers and consumers to find antiques, furniture, jewelry, vintage fashion and fine art.
Backed by Benchmark Capital, Insight Venture Partners, Index Ventures, Spark Capital and Alibaba, 1stDibs is a unique blend of expert curators and seasoned Internet executives from companies including eBay, Gilt, Google, FreshDirect, Mlb.com, Shutterfly, and Twitter.
1stDibs is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
1stDibs is actively hiring and, in response to COVID-19, conducting all interviews and onboarding virtually. Any new or current team members will be temporarily working remotely until our offices reopen, at which point all employees are expected and required to return physically to the New York office.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the hiring team following submission of your application.