- New York
- Date Posted
- May. 23, 2021
- Technical & Customer Support
Are you a technical email master, with expertise in creating engaging email experiences, and a passion for flawless execution? Do you thrive in a cross-functional team environment and love the fast pace of a startup? 1stDibs is looking for an experienced Technical Email Manager that will be responsible for building new, highly personalized and relevant emails and dynamic content to drive performance growth. With millions of registered users and over a million, ever-changing one-of-a-kind items to shop, this is a unique opportunity to match users with the right items at scale.
What you’ll do
- Partner with email team lead to define technical email roadmap
- Work directly with product and engineering to scope and capture necessary data, and develop files to enable you to build new dynamic content
- Execute A/B test optimizations including testing visual changes, dynamic content logic changes, audience changes, etc.
- Support a variety of behavioral, lifecycle and segmented audience programs designed to trigger based on implicitly and/or explicitly captured consumer signals of interest
- Turn newly designed PSDs into responsive HTML code that is tested and looks great across all email clients
- Optimize file size and image weights to avoid clipping
- Setup and maintain audience segmentation, new file drop automations and ensure unsubscribe process is functioning as intended
- Partner with deployment manager to ensure emails are working as expected
- Leverage third party vendor to fulfill on technical email builds when request volume exceeds your capacity
- Ensure the health and deliverability of our IP addresses and mailing lists to maximize inbox reach, leveraging BriteVerify, Return Path and targeted suppressions as needed
- Partner with Product and Engineering teams to update email processes and functions to allow for more scalable and stable processes
- Troubleshoot technical issues as necessary
What you’ll bring
- Exact target/Salesforce Marketing Cloud experience (certification preferred)
- Extensive knowledge of AmpScript and applying business logic to email
- Experience with Journeybuilder and Automation Studio
- Strong HTML coding experience including ability to hand code HTML from PSD
- Experience with responsive email design
- SQL knowledge - ability to write queries in Exacttarget
- Track-record of driving wins from A/B Testing
- Ability to quickly identify and address operational issues
- Excellent time management, project management and organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to analyze, troubleshoot and solve operational and technical issues
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- 4+ years working on technical elements of an email marketing program
- Excellent project management and multi-tasking abilities
- Extremely detail oriented & well organized
- Team player with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment
- Customer-centric approach with focus on optimizing programs for buyer engagement and satisfaction
- Experience with a Customer Data Platform (we use SimonData)
- Passion for design, marketing, data and learning new technology
- Enthusiasm and interest for e-commerce and growth businesses
1stDibs is the world’s largest online luxury marketplace for rare and desirable objects. It has become the go-to source for the world’s leading interior designers and consumers to find antiques, furniture, jewelry, vintage fashion and fine art.
Backed by Benchmark Capital, Insight Venture Partners, Index Ventures, Spark Capital and Alibaba, 1stDibs is a unique blend of expert curators and seasoned Internet executives from companies including eBay, Gilt, Google, FreshDirect, Mlb.com, Shutterfly, and Twitter.
1stDibs is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
1stDibs is actively hiring and, in response to COVID-19, conducting all interviews and onboarding virtually. Any new or current team members will be temporarily working remotely until our offices reopen, at which point all employees are expected and required to return physically to the New York office.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the hiring team following submission of your application.