- Date Posted
- Nov. 24, 2021
- Business Development
This is Adyen
We took an unobvious approach to starting a payments company, building a platform from scratch. Today, we’re the payments platform of choice for the world’s brightest companies. Our unobvious approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity, of backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives, is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business challenges are unique, we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. So no matter where you’re from, who you love, or what you believe in, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Product Partnerships Manager, French Speaker
We are looking for a commercially minded person who is flexible, thoughtful, eager to tackle the problem in front of them while balancing with the business strategy. In this role you will join the Local Payment team in Amsterdam, as a Product Partnerships Manager, focusing on expanding our offer and improving our local payment methods, becoming the go-to expert of a specific region.
The role requires commercial and technical skills to manage a portfolio of payment methods, to fully own the relationships with the underlying partners and to connect with the commercial team (Sales and Account Management), internal stakeholders (Country Managers, Technical Support, Product marketing).
The ideal candidate thrives on a diverse role across the entire lifecycle of a product to achieve Adyen’s Product strategy through conception, implementation, launch and iteration.
What you’ll do
- End-to-end responsibility for a set of payment methods: Act as the single point-of-contact for a portfolio of Local Payment Methods, taking full ownership internally as well as externally. Work with cross-functional/office colleagues as well as the Payment method partners to achieve all aspects of the product. This includes making sure Payment methods perform optimally on the Adyen platform;
- Commercial Guidance: Grasp the commercial offers most effective for your market segment, guide and challenge the Commercial team on their merchant adoption and usage;
- Negotiate the best value with the partner (including featureset needed for our merchants as well as pricing);
- Identify and scope what new payment methods we have to offer, and how they would fit into Adyen’s overall product offering;
- Knowledge sharing: Enable the rest of the organisation to use all aspects of the Adyen product you are managing to the maximum, by passing on your knowledge including technical (features), commercial (pricing) and competition;
- Collaborating with the technical Product manager on new integrations, developments, new features and bug fixes. Being an active part of the prioritization;
- Project Tracking and Implementation: Be the driving force behind proper project tracking and the continual implementation of needed tasks; ensure that there is a source of truth for the tasks at hand.
Who you are
- Payments Background: Experience with payments is a plus;
- Previous account management or partnerships experience
- Project Management: Previous experience seeing projects through from beginning to end and owning the entire process;
- Experience in a Product Management role is a strong plus;
- Communication: Exceptional people skills and the ability to develop strong working relationships at all levels of management, both inside and outside of Adyen;
- Technical Aptitude: Experience with programming and/or data analysis is a plus
- Global Perspective: Ability to work seamlessly with a global, multicultural team;
- Results Oriented: Proven record of high performance managing complex initiatives to achieve outstanding results. A strong understanding of the importance of data, providing actionable insights, and tracking the success of those initiatives.
Who we are
Adyen is the payments platform of choice for the world’s leading companies, delivering frictionless payments across online, mobile and in-store channels. It is the only provider of a modern end-to-end infrastructure, connecting directly to Visa, Mastercard, and consumers’ globally preferred payment methods. With offices around the world, Adyen serves nine of the 10 largest U.S. internet companies and many worldwide retailers. Customers include Facebook, Uber, L’Oreal, Casper, Bonobos, and Spotify.
Ready to meet us?
If this role looks like something for you, apply by clicking the below link. We can’t wait to meet you!