- Date Posted
- Sep. 7, 2021
- Business Intelligence
We took an unobvious approach to starting a payments company, building a platform from scratch. Today, we’re the payments platform of choice for the world’s brightest companies. Our unobvious approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity, of backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives, is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business challenges are unique, we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. So no matter where you’re from, who you love, or what you believe in, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
We are looking for a Underwriting Analyst to join the Underwriting team and support our regional growth. You will be part of the Underwriting Team based in Singapore working closely with Sales, Account Management, Compliance, Risk, Monitoring and Finance.
In this role you will be responsible for reviewing potential and existing merchants from a risk, regulatory and compliance perspective. As a highly regulated company we need to adhere to various rules and regulations and make sure we grow our business with a healthy portfolio of merchants. Part of this role is also to facilitate our growth by scaling internal processes and focus on continuous optimization and automation.
What you’ll do
- Risk assess to onboard new and existing merchants accounts in accordance to regulatory KYC requirements and internal controls for APAC markets
- Set-up and lead processes, monitor and execute checks related to merchant on-boarding
- Evaluate existing procedures to refine and optimize end-to-end merchant on-boarding process
- Provide advisory and assistance to commercial teams with regards to new and existing merchants questions around merchant on-boarding
- Lead periodic reviews of merchant accounts
- Other ad-hoc tasks such as reporting and audit requests
Who you are
- 2-4 years of prior experience in a risk or compliance related domain
- You have a firm grasp and understanding of AML, KYC, PCI and Internal Controls
- You must able to communicate in English and Mandarin fluently as this role will support our merchants in China
- You are extremely detail oriented, organized and have the ability to multi-task
- You are able to work in an independent way, while at the same time you are a strong collaborator, working alongside (connecting) with colleagues and developing ideas to improve effective teamwork
- You take initiative, ownership and are committed to challenge the status quo
- You are a self-starter who enjoys a fast-paced environment
- You have strong analytical skills and believe efficiency is key
- You’re outgoing, friendly, and fun
- Due to current global border closures, you must already reside in Singapore now and preferably do not require a work visa sponsorship for this role
Who we are
Adyen is the payments platform of choice for the world’s leading, delivering frictionless payments across online, mobile and in-store channels. It is the only provider of a modern end-to-end infrastructure, connecting directly to Visa, Mastercard, and consumers’ globally preferred payment methods. With offices around the world, Adyen serves nine of the 10 largest U.S. internet companies and many worldwide retailers. Customers include Facebook, Uber, L’Oreal, Casper, Bonobos, and Spotify.
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion commitments
Our unobvious approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity of backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business and technical challenges are unique, we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. So no matter where you’re from, who you love, or what you believe in, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Studies show that women and members of underrepresented communities apply for jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Sounds like you? If so, Adyen encourages you to reconsider and apply. We look forward to your application.