- Date Posted
- Nov. 24, 2021
- Data Science
This is Adyen
We took an unobvious approach to starting a payments company, building a platform from scratch. Today, we’re the payments platform of choice for the world’s brightest companies. Speed is the foundation of our company. We think fast. We work fast. We launch fast. We are honest, direct, and try to have some fun too. We’re creating our own path, with a global team driving sustainable growth. To maintain our momentum, we need people to join us in finding new ways of solving our unique challenges - people like you.
Data Center Engineer
We are looking to grow our team of Data Center Engineers in Amsterdam to help us keep our in-house developed payments platform in top shape. The ideal candidate should have a solid background in maintaining and deploying large-scale physical infrastructure, broad systems experience, learn on the fly, diagnose problems and be used to dealing with a 24/7 environment.
What you’ll do
- Work on various projects, ranging from rolling out completely new installations to maintaining current data center infrastructure
- Assist with troubleshooting and repairing servers that have hardware and network issues
- Act as a main point of contact in the field, collaborating across teams and time zones to make things happen
Who you are
- Technology: Strong affinity with hardware and operating systems
- Experience: Developing, building, and operating highly reliable and efficient data centers in a production environment (preferably Linux-based).
- Knowledge: Solid understanding of installing and maintaining equipment for data centers, such as servers, switches, and routers. Ensuring repeatability across our global data centers
- Language: You are able to communicate in English.
Who we are
Adyen is the payments platform of choice for many of the world’s leading companies, providing a modern end-to-end infrastructure connecting directly to Visa, Mastercard, and consumers’ globally preferred payment methods. Adyen delivers frictionless payments across online, mobile, and in-store channels. With offices across the world, Adyen serves customers including Facebook, Uber, Spotify, Casper, Bonobos and L’Oreal.
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion commitments
Our unobvious approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity of backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business and technical challenges are unique, we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. So no matter where you’re from, who you love, or what you believe in, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Studies show that women and members of underrepresented communities apply for jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Even if you don’t meet 100% of the criteria then Adyen encourages you to reconsider and apply. We look forward to your application.
Ensuring a smooth and enjoyable candidate experience is critical for us. We aim to get back to you regarding your application within 3 business days. Our interview process tends to take between 3 or 4 weeks to complete. Don’t be afraid to let us know if you need more flexibility.