- Date Posted
- Sep. 19, 2021
- Data Science
Adyen is the payments platform of choice for the world’s leading companies, delivering frictionless payments across online, mobile, and in-store channels. Our team members are motivated individuals that help each other do remarkable things every day. We face unique technical challenges at scale and we solve those as a team. And together, we deliver innovative and ethical solutions that transform the way the world pays.
We took an unobvious approach to starting a payments company, building a platform from scratch. Now, Adyen serves the world’s brightest companies like Facebook, Uber, L’Oreal, Casper, Bonobos, and Spotify.
To maintain our competitive edge as we scale, we organize our work around goal-oriented groups, called streams which collaborate closely. They are comprised of both developers and people from commercial teams. This setup ensures you are able to provide input on how our products and services are built, and also have immediate feedback on the business impact of your work. In this role, you will:
- Design, implement, and continuously expand data pipelines by performing pre-processing, cleaning and verifying activities
- Pragmatically approach creation of new data pipelines or extending the existing ones
- Work together with our Data Scientist’ in rolling out machine learning models to production
- Ensure our data architecture is as scalable as the rest of our business
Who you are
- Team player with strong communication skills, which means at Adyen: talk straight and clear
- Fluency in Java, SQL and Python, as these are primary languages we do use
- Superb knowledge of Map-Reduce concepts and relevant data modeling
- Good know-how on how and when to apply lambda architecture or it’s alternatives
- Good know-how on ways of integrating Machine Learning into real-world systems
- Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion commitments
Our unobvious approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity of backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business and technical challenges are unique, we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. So no matter where you’re from, who you love, or what you believe in, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Studies show that women and members of underrepresented communities apply for jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Sounds like you? If so, Adyen encourages you to reconsider and apply. We look forward to your application.
Ensuring a smooth and enjoyable candidate experience is critical for us. We aim to get back to you regarding your application within 3 business days. Our interview process tends to take between 3 or 4 weeks to complete. Don’t be afraid to let us know if you need more flexibility.
Please, note that this role is a full-time position in Amsterdam. It will require a relocation in case you live outside of the Netherlands.