- Date Posted
- Sep. 13, 2021
- Data Science
Adyen is the payments platform of choice for the world’s leading companies, delivering frictionless payments across online, mobile, and in-store channels. Our team members are motivated individuals that help each other do remarkable things every day. We face unique technical challenges at scale and we solve those as a team. And together, we deliver innovative and ethical solutions that transform the way the world pays.
We took an unobvious approach to starting a payments company, building a platform from scratch. Now, Adyen serves the world’s brightest companies like Facebook, Uber, L’Oreal, Casper, Bonobos, and Spotify.
Data Scientist Algorithms, Monitoring team
At Adyen we leverage data and statistics to improve decision making throughout the platform. Data Scientists play a pivotal role in designing and creating the solutions that power this decision-making. As a Data Scientist in the Core Platform solution you work on the foundations of the payment platform, and provide tooling for hundreds of other engineers so that they can build scalable products. As part of the Monitoring team you will focus on the real time monitoring of payments and the performance of our platform.
Data science plays an important role in simplifying and scaling manual monitoring and enables us to create more intelligent Machine Learning (ML) based tools. Examples of techniques used to do this are e.g. time series modeling, sequence modeling. We are looking for someone that wants to play a central role in building these kinds of solutions and have a fun time working collaboratively with us.
Who you are
- Strong communicator of complex data and technical functionality with client teams
- Have experience with bringing Machine Learning models into production
- Exposure to time series / sequence modeling techniques
- Understand data streaming technologies (e.g. Kafka)
- Know big data technologies and orchestration tools (Airflow, Spark, Dask, Hadoop)
- Enjoy reading up on the latest Machine Learning papers and presenting findings to the Data Science community.
- Experience with problems where scalability mandated a different approach
- Notions of monitoring key metrics for infrastructure (errors, latencies, etc) is a nice to have
- Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion commitments
Our unobvious approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity of backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business and technical challenges are unique, we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. So no matter where you’re from, who you love, or what you believe in, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen. Studies show that women and members of underrepresented communities apply for jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Does it sounds like you? If so, Adyen encourages you to reconsider and apply. We look forward to your application.
Ensuring a smooth and enjoyable candidate experience is critical for us. We aim to get back to you regarding your application within 3 business days. Our interview process tends to take between 3 or 4 weeks to complete. Don’t be afraid to let us know if you need more flexibility.
- If you still feel this is not the right role for you, how about sharing it with a friend or colleague who might be interested?
- Please, note that this role is a full-time position in Amsterdam. It will require a relocation in case you live outside of the Netherlands.