- Date Posted
- Dec. 30, 2021
- Data Science
This is Adyen
Adyen is the payments platform of choice for the world’s leading companies, delivering frictionless payments across online, mobile, and in-store channels. Our team members are motivated individuals that help each other do remarkable things every day. We face unique technical challenges at scale and we solve those as a team. And together, we deliver innovative and ethical solutions that transform the way the world pays.
We took an unobvious approach to starting a payments company, building a platform from scratch. Now, Adyen serves the world’s brightest companies like Facebook, Uber, L’Oreal, Casper, Bonobos, and Spotify.
Our engineers are reshaping the payments landscape. We’re looking for more talented problem solvers to help us address a unique set of challenges.
As Adyen is growing, one of the ways for us to improve the experience of our merchants is to improve our use of data, for example for fraud detection or conversion optimization. That is why we are looking for a passionate coder, writer, and communicator to help drive our data science and engineering experience at Adyen as well as helping us show the external world our advancements and achievements around data and machine learning.
You will be part of our advocacy team, based in Amsterdam and report to Engineering. Here, you will get familiar with and work on the payment industry’s most advanced and robust platform.
What you’ll do
- Extend bridges from Adyen to the world data community by scouting, keeping tuned and participating or enabling the participation of the Adyen data people in industry developments, conferences, podcasts and popular sites and communities.
- Develop, strengthen and grow relationships with partners and universities.
- Build example algorithms, pipeline examples and notebooks to help partners and engineers use and understand Adyen’s data products and features.
- Help empower the internal community by organizing internal lectures and alignment sessions, even inviting external guest speakers and curating a newsletter with internal developments and public articles on relevant developments to the Adyen data community.
- Work together with the Tech Academy team in recognizing new learning areas and crafting training sessions and courses.
- Identify open source opportunities and ideas that we would like to explore and possibly adopt and contribute to.
- Own the on-boarding process for new data and machine learning scientists, engineers and analysts.
- Contribute to our technical documentation and tech blog.
- Be the voice of the data and machine learning scientists and engineers, gathering feedback and sharing it with internal stakeholders
- Work with a global team, including international travel to visit our different offices or participate and run events
Who you are
- You have technical experience in data science and machine learning algorithms and methodologies.
- You are experienced in one or more machine learning, data science and big data frameworks and tools (Airflow, TensorFlow, Spark).
- You have a good graph of the data science ecosystem, events, conferences, support channels, tech personalities and trends.
- You have experience with technical writing and/or blogging on development topics.
- You are passionate about new technologies and open source.
- You love working with people and making their day happier.
- These are not required but would be a plus:
- Background in event production, including hosting, organizing and participating in developer community events
- Knowledge in payments or fintech
- Contribution to opensource projects
- Please, note that this role is a full-time position in Amsterdam. It will require a relocation in case you live outside of the Netherlands.
- Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion commitments
Our unobvious approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity of backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business and technical challenges are unique, we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. So no matter where you’re from, who you love, or what you believe in, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Studies show that women and members of underrepresented communities apply for jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Even if you don’t meet 100% of the criteria then Adyen encourages you to reconsider and apply. We look forward to your application.