- Date Posted
- Aug. 23, 2021
- Design & UI
Adyen is the payments platform of choice for the world’s leading companies, delivering frictionless payments across online, mobile, and in-store channels. Our team members are motivated individuals that help each other do remarkable things every day. We face unique technical challenges at scale and we solve those as a team. And together, we deliver innovative and ethical solutions that transform the way the world pays.
We took an unobvious approach to starting a payments company, building a platform from scratch. Now, Adyen serves the world’s brightest companies like Facebook, Uber, L’Oreal, Casper, Bonobos, and Spotify.
Design Systems Lead
As the Design Systems Lead at Adyen, your role is to enable Adyen’s growth by scaling the way we build our user experiences. You’ll be responsible for defining, designing and iterating on our design system, together with the great teams involved with UX at Adyen. You’re able to effectively set up a design system process that works in tandem with how we build successful products for our merchants and shoppers. Last but not least, you’re great at communication and design system advocacy, and you enjoy working with a large group of passionate stakeholders across Product Design, Frontend, as well as Product and leadership.
What you’ll do
Your core responsibilities include helping user experiences scale at Adyen. Here are some examples of how that looks like, as you:
- Drive the vision, strategy, roadmap, build and implementation of our Adyen Design Language
- Spot opportunities related to efficiency and effectiveness across product design- and frontend development processes
- Lead the efforts across design and development of new components and patterns
- Centralize the various communications, repositories and outlets in a single source of truth
- Establish and develop a process that enables our product teams to quickly build coherent and effective user experiences
- Establish and develop a group of contributors from within product design and frontend development, as well as a core team to push the design system to new levels
- Promote a culture in which the design system is the center of how we build UX, not the exception
- Connect with various teams and product group stakeholders to learn what challenges need to be addressed by the design system
- Organise and help facilitate trainings and learning material on working with our Adyen Design Language (ADL)
- Constantly find alternatives and unobvious ways to scale and multiply UX on a global level
This is you
- You have past experience in developing and scaling a design system in a company of similar size, and you’re able to demonstrate the role you played in it, and the impact that it’s had on the company
- You’re skilled in speaking the language product designers and frontend developers understand, and you have past professional experience in either domain
- You have a passion for user experience and system thinking, and can articulate the value a design system plays in it
- You’re more than willing and able to lead projects related to our design system, and to drive a large network of contributors, both core and distributed, to move forward
- You’re an independent thinker who sees opportunities where others see problems
- Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion commitments
Our unobvious approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity of backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business and technical challenges are unique, we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. So no matter where you’re from, who you love, or what you believe in, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Studies show that women and members of underrepresented communities apply for jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Sounds like you? If so, Adyen encourages you to reconsider and apply. We look forward to your application.
Ensuring a smooth and enjoyable candidate experience is critical for us. We aim to get back to you regarding your application within 3 business days. Our interview process tends to take between 3 or 4 weeks to complete. Don’t be afraid to let us know if you need more flexibility.