- Date Posted
- May. 23, 2021
- Design & UI
- Financial Services
We took an unobvious approach to starting a payments company, building a platform from scratch. Today, we’re the payments platform of choice for the world’s brightest companies. Our unobvious approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity, of backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives, is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business challenges are unique, we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. So no matter where you’re from, who you love, or what you believe in, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Senior User Experience Researcher
Adyen is seeking an experienced strategic User Experience Researcher to join our growing Research Team. In this role you will conduct qualitative and quantitative research, working on an array of the most impactful projects across product teams, to help us better understand the needs of our customers and users. This is a unique opportunity to apply your research toolkit and insights to be used for both product and commercial decision-making across the business.
We’re looking for an impact-oriented researcher with an insatiable curiosity about the behaviors, attitudes, and underlying motivations driving people, and a knack for sharing these insights widely so they resonate impactfully.
We are a curious, risk-taking and supportive team that welcomes new perspectives and approaches to better understanding our users’ thorniest challenges. In this role you’ll partner with a wide range of disciplines including other Qual and Quant Researchers, Research Operations, Product Analysts, UX Writers, Product Designers, Product Managers, Marketers, Salespeople and beyond to identify deep insights and communicate them across the company. You’ll be part of a team that’s hyper-impact focused on the business value of potential solutions, and part of a company with a track record of applying research insights to product, marketing and sales outcomes.
What you’ll do
- Apply your expertise in mixed methods study design and analysis to conducting end-to-end generative and evaluative research;
- Provide strategic and tactical insights that inform commercial and/or product decisions;
- Inspire evidence-based decision-making at all stages of product development through sharing insights far and wide across the company;
- Support non-researchers (such as Product Designers, Product Managers, or Marketers) with designing, conducting and analyzing their own research studies;
Who you are
- You have 5+ years of end-to-end user research experience in a fast-paced product environment;
- You have experience with a wide variety of mixed research methods and study designs, including interviewing, diary studies, ethnography, surveys, web analytics, and desk research (service design experience a plus);
- You are impact-oriented with a proven track record of applying research insights to product or commercial decisions;
- You are independent, self-directed and believe that “done is better than perfect”;
- You are no stranger to “building the car while driving it” and don’t mind ambiguity and experimentation;
- You have professional acumen and can put yourself in the shoes of various stakeholders to realize what insights would be most impactful for them;
- You have experience tailoring and presenting researching findings to diverse stakeholders ranging from individual contributors to VPs and Executive board members.
Who we are
Adyen is the payments platform of choice for many of the world’s leading companies, providing a modern end-to-end infrastructure connecting directly to Visa, Mastercard, and consumers’ globally preferred payment methods. Adyen delivers frictionless payments across online, mobile, and in-store channels. With offices across the world, Adyen serves customers including Facebook, Uber, Spotify, Casper, Bonobos and L’Oreal.