- Date Posted
- May. 23, 2021
- Design & UI
- Financial Services
We took an unobvious approach to starting a payments company, building a platform from scratch. Today, we’re the payments platform of choice for the world’s brightest companies. Our unobvious approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity, of backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives, is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business challenges are unique, we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. So no matter where you’re from, who you love, or what you believe in, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
We’re looking for a UX Writer to join our passionate, creative, and diverse Product Design team as an integral part of the design process. Adyen’s UX word nerds partner with product designers, UX researchers, product managers, and more to create content that shapes and uncomplicates experiences across our entire product offering. Payment products generally aren’t easy, but we’re on a mission to raise the bar in fintech. We strive to create products that aren’t just functional, but can be easy and educational experiences for our several thousand merchants and their millions of shoppers.
What you’ll do
- Write amazing copy and content guidelines across multiple product areas, while advocating the value of your work across the company.
- Create and articulate strategies that scale content, while adhering to best practices of accessibility, locationalization, inclusivity, and our design system.
- Intuit the needs of all types of users, and hone your ideas by seeking out team feedback and analyzing user insights.
- Collaborate regularly with stakeholders including product designers, developers, researchers, and other writers, while independently owning your work.
- Push beyond ‘just microcopy.’ Regularly try (and fail) to use new ways of structuring, designing, and explaining content to improve the user experience.
- Spread the gospel of the Oxford comma, and always point out when it’s not used where it should be; discuss semicolons in depth.
Who you are
- You have 3+ years of experience in designing content, shaping content strategy, and writing for products.
- Your experience proves that you are excited by complexity, and you thrive when breaking down financial and technical jargon.
- You’re highly skilled in adapting the English language. You know every rule of writing, but you care more about how people actually interact with language in combination with digital design.
- You’re not afraid to speak up when you spot a possible hiccup in the user experience, and you know which design or copy changes will solve it.
- You can balance many priorities. You see how everything fits into the full design landscape, from a subheading to a full product flow. Still, not one rogue hyphen slips past you.
- Collaboration is everything to you, and the word “ego” doesn’t appear in your dictionary.
Who we are
Adyen is the payments platform of choice for the world’s leading companies, delivering frictionless payments across online, mobile and in-store channels. It is the only provider of a modern end-to-end infrastructure, connecting directly to Visa, Mastercard, and consumers’ globally preferred payment methods. With offices around the world, Adyen serves nine of the 10 largest U.S. internet companies and many worldwide retailers. Customers include Facebook, Uber, L’Oreal, Casper, Bonobos, and Spotify.