- Date Posted
- Jan. 11, 2022
This is Adyen
Adyen is the payments platform of choice for the world’s leading companies, delivering frictionless payments across online, mobile, and in-store channels. Our team members are motivated individuals that help each other do remarkable things every day. We face unique technical challenges at scale and we solve those as a team. And together, we deliver innovative and ethical solutions that transform the way the world pays.
We took an unobvious approach to starting a payments company, building a platform from scratch. Now, Adyen serves the world’s brightest companies like Facebook, Uber, L’Oreal, Casper, Bonobos, and Spotify.
Our on premise platforms are growing at a fast pace. You will operate as part of a group of data engineers, developers and data scientists, and work together on the core data infrastructure on a global scale. You will be challenged with the fast growth needs of Adyen, by the different teams across the company and to bring innovative solutions everyday. You’ll be asked to improve the current stack and support several highly skilled teams of data scientists and data engineers. In this role, you will:
- Create, maintain and iterate on the current data infrastructure
- Anticipate on growth and look for structural changes required in the big-data offering at Adyen
- Work closely with users of the data infrastructure and arrive at pragmatic solutions, in line with standards used throughout the infrastructure group
Who you are
- Background: you have a solid background with designing, scaling and maintaining data infrastructure solutions, learn on the fly, diagnose problems and be used to dealing with a 24/7 environment.
- Technology: you must be proficient and have real world and hands-on experience with the following technologies: Hadoop ecosystem (Hive, Yarn, HDFS) with Spark, securing cluster with Ranger and Kerberos, along with automation tools such as Ansible/Puppet
- Experience: building, testing and maintaining data infrastructure for enterprise level data lake solutions in a Linux based production environment
- Knowledge: solid understanding of data lake solutions and related infrastructure components
- Mentality: you are a team player who is open to feedback and have the mind-set to automate and avoid repetitive tasks
- Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion commitments
Our unobvious approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity of backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business and technical challenges are unique, we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. So no matter where you’re from, who you love, or what you believe in, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen. Studies show that women and members of underrepresented communities apply for jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Sounds like you? If so, Adyen encourages you to reconsider and apply. We look forward to your application.
Ensuring a smooth and enjoyable candidate experience is critical for us. We aim to get back to you regarding your application within 3 business days. Our interview process tends to take between 3 or 4 weeks to complete. Don’t be afraid to let us know if you need more flexibility.
Please, note that this role is a full-time position in Amsterdam. It will require a relocation in case you live outside of the Netherlands.