- Date Posted
- Aug. 15, 2021
Adyen is the payments platform of choice for the world’s leading companies, delivering frictionless payments across online, mobile, and in-store channels. Our team members are motivated individuals that help each other do remarkable things every day. We face unique technical challenges at scale and we solve those as a team. And together, we deliver innovative and ethical solutions that transform the way the world pays.
We took an unobvious approach to starting a payments company, building a platform from scratch. Now, Adyen serves the world’s brightest companies like Facebook, Uber, L’Oreal, Casper, Bonobos, and Spotify.
Our business challenges are unique, we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. So no matter where you’re from, who you love, or what you believe in, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Adyen is currently experiencing exponential global growth, handling millions of transactions every single day. The Security Team is responsible for detecting and responding to threats, developing and maintaining security controls, designing and implementing strategies to secure our payment platform, and building security culture throughout the company.
As a driven and pro-active Security Engineer you will be part of the security team with focus on Security Operations, Threat detection and Incident Response. You’ll be working closely together with other members of the security team, product, development and infrastructure teams, to further develop our Security Operations and Incident Response program.
To overcome vendor limitations and remain flexible, we decided to stick to Adyen’s formula and build our own event monitoring tool. This allows us to adapt quickly to new threats and technologies, and there is potential for extensive growth and new ideas.
You will develop and maintain security solutions to improve detection capabilities, automate difficult manual tasks and investigate security incidents.
What you’ll do
- Develop solutions to hunt, detect and deal with threats
- Administer and operate our in-house built event monitoring tooling (read SIEM but not SIEM), including reporting, correlation, data integrity and performance monitoring
- Create scalable detection logic for emerging threats
- Maintain up to date knowledge of tools, techniques, and procedures used by attackers
- Explore and incorporate new security tools, opportunity to contribute to open source community
- Be involved in the evaluation of security operations and/or procedures to enhance productivity and effectiveness of the team
Who you are
- You have solid experience with a programming language (Python preferred)
- You like to identify new attack vectors and threats to implement proper monitoring and detection methods
- You have experience in one or more of the following areas: Operating System security, Network security, Intrusion Detection, Vulnerability Management, Threat Intelligence, Digital Forensics, Software Development
- You have the mind-set to script, automate, and scope projects to avoid repetitive tasks, because work-life balance is important
- You are familiar with the security controls for common platforms including Linux/MacOS/Network equipment
- Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion commitments
Our unobvious approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity of backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business and technical challenges are unique, we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. So no matter where you’re from, who you love, or what you believe in, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Studies show that women and members of underrepresented communities apply for jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Even if you don’t meet 100% of the criteria then Adyen encourages you to reconsider and apply. We look forward to your application.
We offer a competitive salary, internal knowledge-sharing events, a global exchange program to other offices, relocation support, and great career opportunities. Become part of an international work environment, and take your career to the next level!