- New York
- Date Posted
- Aug. 15, 2021
We took an unobvious approach to starting a payments company, building a platform from scratch. Today, we’re the payments platform of choice for the world’s brightest companies. Speed is the foundation of our company. We think fast. We work fast. We launch fast. We are honest, direct, and try to have some fun too. We’re creating our own path, with a global team driving sustainable growth. To maintain our momentum, we need people to join us in finding new ways of solving our unique challenges - people like you.
Card Scheme Compliance Specialist
The North America Compliance Organization at Adyen is seeking a highly-motivated Card Scheme Compliance Specialist to provide compliance guidance and oversight for Adyen’s North America payments and acquiring products.
The mission of the North America Compliance Organization is to protect Adyen’s vision through compliance expertise and strategic advice. The team works across multiple teams to help manage risk, identify opportunities, and deliver on Adyen’s offering of exceptional products and services. This role will require a balance of maintaining scheme compliance with Adyen’s current payment products and providing guidance for any new products or services Adyen adds.
Just like our customers, the overall Compliance function at Adyen operates globally. A key part of this position will be working with those global functions to align Compliance programs and support scheme initiatives.
What you’ll do:
- Manage compliance requirements from relevant schemes
- Develop and maintain 2nd Line policies relating to scheme requirements
- Work with 1st Line Scheme Operations teams to ensure proper implementation of all policies
- Provide guidance to internal teams, including Underwriting, Sales, Account Management, around Card Scheme rules and requirements
- Establish compliance strategies that align with global objectives to ensure controlled and sustainable growth of the business
- Work with Compliance and Legal teams on strategic initiatives
- This role is based out of our New York office
- This is a full-time position with the ability to work a minimum of 40 hours/week
- You have full professional proficiency (written and verbal) in English
Who you are:
- A self-starter that has the ability to thrive in a start-up environment with minimal supervision and run things like your own business
- Strong knowledge of Visa/Mastercard rules
- Knowledge of rules and regulations applicable to the financial industry a plus
- Experience with policy setting of rules and regulations
- Ability to identify relevant Card Scheme rule updates that could impact compliance and reputational risk
- Experience with Card Schemes, Merchant Acquiring and/or Acquiring banks
Who we are:
Adyen is the payments platform of choice for many of the world’s leading companies, providing a modern end-to-end infrastructure connecting directly to Visa, Mastercard, and consumers’ globally preferred payment methods. Adyen delivers frictionless payments across online, mobile, and in-store channels. With offices across the world, Adyen serves customers including Facebook, Uber, Spotify, Casper, Bonobos and L’Oreal.
Ready to meet us?
If you are excited about this role, apply by clicking the below link. We can’t wait to meet you!
Adyen is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.