- Date Posted
- Jun. 21, 2021
This is Adyen
We took an unobvious approach to starting a payments company, building a platform from scratch. Today, we’re the payments platform of choice for the world’s brightest companies. Our unobvious approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity, of backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives, is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business challenges are unique, we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. So no matter where you’re from, who you love, or what you believe in, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Research Operations Manager
Connecting with the needs of users and customers is critical to how we build and design experiences at Adyen. You will be our first Research Operations team member, with a mission of bringing order and efficiency to a fast-growing research team and company that loves user insights.
In this role, you will define, implement and maintain an operational infrastructure that enables efficient and scalable research for researchers, product designers, product managers, marketers and others across our global organization conducting research. This is a visionary, hands-on and collaborative role with the ability to deeply influence the impact that user insights have on business decisions...not a small challenge for a company that has doubled in size in the last year!
We’re looking for a well organized self-starter with keen attention to detail and multi-tasking ability to oversee multiple research initiatives simultaneously. You have a 6th sense for opportunities to innovate and drive efficiency, and a passion for optimizing processes to increase productivity.
You’ll join a Research Team of seasoned Quantitative and Qualitative Experience Researchers that help teams across the company, from Product to Marketing, answer strategic questions about users and customers.
What you’ll do
- Build and manage a database of user research participants for a streamlined and efficient research participant recruitment process.
- Lead participant recruitment for strategic research projects in partnership with researchers and stakeholders such as product managers, designers and marketers.
- Discover, recommend, manage and update the research tool stack to support an efficient research process. Collaborate with Compliance, Legal and Security teams to get new tools and vendors approved.
- Build out and manage a research insights repository where anyone at Adyen can easily access research insights.
- Manage and optimize research resources for distribution: envision and implement ways to store and share research templates, trainings, playbooks, etc.
- Identify gaps in current research processes in partnership with the research team, define a vision to improve the processes, and craft and implement infrastructure that scales with the increasing volume of research.
- Establish workflows for pulling data from various sources across the company in order to increase data accessibility for anyone doing research.
- You will network across the whole organisation and build relationships with various key stakeholders that would help further build our research practice.
Who you are
- You’re a proactive operational individual with a track record of building and scaling efficient programs used by a variety of teams.
- Experienced with coordinating multiple fast moving projects of varying levels of complexity concurrently.
- Passionate about process, efficiency, planning, tracking, organizing logistics, and documentation.
- You have a knack for identifying opportunities for improvement, coming up with a vision for ways to achieve it, and excited about rolling up your sleeves to implement the improvements for measurable impact.
- You have prior knowledge, or an interest, in learning about the user research field, best practices and methods.
- Experience with recruitment and scaling recruitment processes highly preferred (such as via HR recruitment coordination).
- An understanding of legal and ethical guidelines working with research participants and managing collected data is highly preferred.
Who we are
Adyen is the payments platform of choice for many of the world’s leading companies, providing a modern end-to-end infrastructure connecting directly to Visa, Mastercard, and consumers’ globally preferred payment methods. Adyen delivers frictionless payments across online, mobile, and in-store channels. With offices across the world, Adyen serves customers including Facebook, Uber, Spotify, Casper, Bonobos and L’Oreal.
Ready to meet us?
If this role looks like your next challenge, apply by clicking the link below. We can’t wait to meet you!