- Date Posted
- Aug. 23, 2021
- Product Engineering
We took an unobvious approach to starting a payments company, building a platform from scratch. Today, we’re the payments platform of choice for the world’s brightest companies. Our unobvious approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity, of backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives, is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business challenges are unique, we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. So no matter where you’re from, who you love, or what you believe in, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Product Manager, Developer Experience
One of the reasons Adyen consistently manages to meet and exceed our clients payment expectations is because we understand the complicated nature of their business. Whether we work with partner platforms, medium sized local merchants, or major international enterprise businesses, our products need to seamlessly fit in our clients systems and meet their (and our) high security standards.
As the Product Manager of Developer Experience, you will work on improving the experience of developers who are using our services and forming a bridge between them and the development teams building our products. In this role, you’ll apply your knowledge of best practices in building modern APIs, creating development tools, reaching out to development communities, and bringing their feedback to our teams to improve our products. Together with the Tech Lead, you will drive the growth and strategy of our multi-disciplinary team including developers, designers, developer advocates and API experts.
What you’ll do
- Support our customers’ developers in bringing their integration feedback to our development teams, and act on their feedback to provide best-in-class developer experience;
- Manage the complex, sometimes conflicting needs of your various stakeholders;
- Interact with customers on a regular basis and translate their needs into product requirements;
- Continuously translate highly technical subject matter into solutions that fit business goals;
- Help our customers in training their staff and evolving their business models;
- Evangelize developer experience and API design best practises and improvements throughout the organisation.
Who you are
- Ideally, you have a proven track record of leading a Product area in Developer Experience and/or Developer Relations;
- Payments background: experience with payments is a plus;
- You are comfortable with full-stack development and know one or more of the following languages or runtimes:
- Java, Python, Node.js, Go, PHP, Ruby, .NET
- Passionate about new technologies and have a basic understanding or conversational knowledge of the following topics:
- Databases: PostgreSQL, MySQL, SQL/NoSQL
- API Design: REST, RPC, AsyncAPI, security, idempotency
- Cloud or distributed computing: AWS/Azure/GCP, streaming, replication
- Unix systems
- Encryption standards
- You’re comfortable facilitating workshops and design sessions and can balance technical with business goals;
- You are growing your skills to guide engineers and technical client staff through challenges of Developer experience and relations;
- You have excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
Who we are
Adyen is the payments platform of choice for many of the world’s leading companies, providing a modern end-to-end infrastructure connecting directly to Visa, Mastercard, and consumers’ globally preferred payment methods. Adyen delivers frictionless payments across online, mobile, and in-store channels. With offices across the world, Adyen serves customers including Adidas, Crocs, Facebook, Netflix, Spotify, and Uber.