- Date Posted
- Sep. 13, 2021
- Product Engineering
We took an unobvious approach to starting a payments company, building a platform from scratch. Today, we’re the payments platform of choice for the world’s brightest companies. Our unobvious approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity, of backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives, is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business challenges are unique, we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. So no matter where you’re from, who you love, or what you believe in, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Product Manager, Local Payment Methods
As part of the Local Payments team, you will be responsible for a set of implemented Local Payment Methods of similar technology and take the lead to optimize them on our platform. Also, you will identify, scope and deliver new connections where strategically relevant. You will be formalizing projects and guiding the Development team on implementation, as well as working with Account Management, Sales, Marketing, and Support to communicate about your product, together with the Partnership manager. As such, the ideal candidate thrives on a diverse role across the entire lifecycle of a product, wearing many hats to see Adyen’s goals through conception, implementation, and launch.
What you’ll do
- End-to-end responsibility for a set of payment methods: Act as the single point-of-contact for a selection of Local Payment Methods, taking full ownership internally as well as externally. This includes working with cross-functional colleagues across the company as well as the Partners to achieve all aspects of the product. Including analysing and addressing operational issues;
- Business and Technical Analysis: Identify what new payment methods have to offer, and how they would fit into Adyen’s overall product offering;
- Technical Proposals: Scope a varying degree of projects, from small improvements and bug fixes to large changes in infrastructure and product. Be able to create a technical proposal that can be delivered to the developer for implementation;
- Project Tracking and Implementation: Be the driving force behind proper project tracking and the continual implementation of needed tasks; ensure that there is a source of truth for the tasks at hand.
- Knowledge sharing: Enable the rest of the organisation to use all aspects of the Adyen product you are managing to the maximum, by passing on your knowledge including technical (features), commercial (pricing) and competition;
- Commercial Guidance: Grasp commercial offers most effective for your market segment and guide the Sales team on their usage;
Who you are
- Payments Background: Experience with payments is a plus;
- Technical Aptitude: Experience with programming and/or data analysis is a plus;
- Project Management: Previous experience seeing projects through from beginning to end and owning the entire process;
- Flexibility: As the ‘go to’ person, the Product Manager has to wear many hats. Comfortable with going from a meeting with an engineer, a marketer, and an account manager all in one afternoon, tailoring messaging based on the audience;
- Communication: Exceptional people skills and the ability to develop strong working relationships at all levels of management, both inside and outside of Adyen;
- Global Perspective: Ability to work seamlessly with a global, multicultural team;
- Results Oriented: Proven record of high performance managing complex initiatives to achieve outstanding results. A strong understanding of the importance of data, providing actionable insights, and tracking the success of those initiatives.
Who we are
Adyen is the payments platform of choice for the world’s leading companies, delivering frictionless payments across online, mobile and in-store channels. It is the only provider of a modern end-to-end infrastructure, connecting directly to Visa, Mastercard, and consumers’ globally preferred payment methods. With offices around the world, Adyen serves nine of the 10 largest U.S. internet companies and many worldwide retailers. Customers include Facebook, Uber, L’Oreal, Casper, Bonobos, and Spotify.
Ready to meet us?
If this role looks like something for you, apply by clicking the below link. We can’t wait to meet you!