- Date Posted
- May. 23, 2021
- Product Management
- Financial Services
We took an unobvious approach to starting a payments company, building a platform from scratch. Today, we’re the payments platform of choice for the world’s brightest companies. Our unobvious approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity, of backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives, is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business challenges are unique, we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. So, no matter where you’re from, who you love, or what you believe in, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Senior PR Manager, UK
We are looking for an experienced PR Manager to manage the PR strategy for Adyen UK, as we continue to diversify our approach to market. Working alongside our local agency, the role will focus on delivering compelling initiatives to improve brand awareness and position Adyen as a market leader.
By proactively addressing new opportunities and reacting fast to inbound interest, you will help inform and educate our audiences about the benefits of Adyen’s products and solutions, our impressive partner and customer network and our distinctive company culture.
The role will be based in our London office and report into the Director of Marketing, UK. We are a diverse, creative, and motivated team and are looking for someone who values these qualities and embodies the Adyen Formula.
What you’ll do
- Monitor local market intelligence to effectively work with our PR agency in building a compelling PR strategy. Assessing our approach for new communities as we scale and push into new markets and verticals
- Pro-actively respond to agency managed inbound press requests for comment and follow up with the relevant business spokesperson
- Effectively manage press releases for key product, merchant, partner announcements and local stories
- Work with our content team and PR agency to secure relevant thought leadership byline opportunities
- Build original, thought provoking media campaigns and measure genuine impact for PR
- Manage approved list of customers for PR assistance and boilerplate
- Research and enter speaking appointments and partnerships with relevant communities and forums, to make sure Adyen is part of the conversation
- Liaise with our agency to profile Adyen UK spokespeople and coordinate tailored interviews with media
- Organise media training with relevant parties
- Manage internal communications to amplify message, engagement and confirm communication updates
- Work closely with the Corporate Comms team to prepare crisis comms, release our financial results and organise c-suite media interviews and speaking opportunities
- Coordinate local PR activities with wider global team and agencies.
Who you are
- A proactive and confident PR manager who likes to be hands-on and thrives in a fast-paced environment
- 5+ years proven experience of working in B2B PR, ideally within the tech industry
- Exceptional written and spoken English. You’ll be able to turn complex concepts into simple and compelling messages
- Innate understanding of what makes a good story for business media and how to secure great quality media coverage
- Creative strategist with organisational skills to manage multiple projects with tight deadlines simultaneously
- Strategic mindset excited about technology, retail, ecommerce, and consumer journeys
- A self-motivated, creative and passionate individual that loves to work in a global environment and is willing to travel
- Energetic team player with an affiliation for tech, who loves to have fun!
Who we are
Adyen is the payments platform of choice for many of the world’s leading companies, providing a modern end-to-end infrastructure connecting directly to Visa, Mastercard, and consumers’ globally preferred payment methods. Adyen delivers frictionless payments across online, mobile, and in-store channels. With offices across the world, Adyen serves customers including Facebook, Uber, Spotify, LUSH, Superdry and L’Oreal.