- New York
- Date Posted
- Jun. 6, 2021
We took an unobvious approach to starting a payments company, building a platform from scratch. Today, we’re the payments platform of choice for the world’s brightest companies. Our unobvious approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity, of backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives, is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business challenges are unique, we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. So no matter where you’re from, who you love, or what you believe in, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Associate Account Manager
Adyen is looking for a highly motivated Associate Account Manager to join the Account Management team in New York. As product and industry experts, our Account Managers are strategic assets to their merchants. They focus first and foremost on understanding the unique needs of a merchant and delivering insight and solutions that meet those needs. As such, they accept end-to-end ownership of the success and satisfaction of the merchants in their care.
What you’ll do:
- Relationship Management: Build and drive strong relationships with key merchant contacts and leverage those relationships to drive the best possible merchant experience.
- Strategic Consultation: Become a payment expert for our merchants, delivering expertise, education, and guidance to merchants on their global payments strategy. Also provide a feedback loop for Adyen, by gathering merchant’s feedback, evaluating the evolution of merchant needs, and communicating these to product and management personnel.
- Portfolio Growth: Grow our relationship and business with assigned merchant accounts to help them grow, while also meeting our strategic and financial targets.
- Project Management: Collaborate with Adyen personnel and resources on internal and customer facing projects.
Who you are
- Commercial: Possess a commercial mindset, with the ability to build strong merchant relationships and help them grow, while also identifying mutually beneficial opportunities to drive commercial growth.
- Analytical and technical ability: Comfort with analytics, including spreadsheet analysis, as well as technical discussions about the nuances of payments and high level technical discussions.
- Critical thinker: Able to engage in and navigate fast paced discussions internally and with customers to drive positive outcomes.
- Motivation: Inspired by the potential for innovation in the payments space, and passionate in his/her drive to push boundaries and create value.
- Execution and results oriented: A strategic thinker with excellent project management skills and the ability to lead and manage time-sensitive, cross-functional initiatives in a fast-paced, highly entrepreneurial environment with little supervision.
- Communication: Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to develop strong working relationships at all levels of management, both inside and outside of Adyen.
- Global Perspective: Ability to interface seamlessly with a global multicultural team ( culturally aware, adjusts his or her communication style to audiences), both internally and with customers. Open to up to 25% travel.
- Leadership: Proven experience leading by example (exhibiting integrity, enthusiasm, and drive) and fostering collaboration throughout organizations.
- Experience: 2+ years experience in account management, consulting, or a related field
- Bachelors degree required
- This role is based out of our New York City office
- This is a full-time position with the ability to work a minimum of 40 hours/week
- You have full professional proficiency (written and verbal) in English
Who we are
Adyen is the payments platform of choice for many of the world’s leading companies, providing a modern end-to-end infrastructure connecting directly to Visa, Mastercard, and consumers’ globally preferred payment methods. Adyen delivers frictionless payments across online, mobile, and in-store channels. With offices across the world, Adyen serves customers including Facebook, Uber, Spotify, Casper, Bonobos and L’Oreal.
Ready to meet us?
If you are excited about this role, apply by clicking the below link. We can’t wait to meet you!
Adyen is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.