- Date Posted
- May. 30, 2021
- Software Engineering
- Financial Services
This is Adyen
Speed is the foundation of our company. We think fast. We work fast. We launch fast. We put our merchants at the center of everything we do, and we never stop until the job is done. We create our own path, with a global team to drive sustainable growth. We don’t do hierarchy, egos, or boundaries. “Not possible” isn’t in our vocabulary – “freedom” is. We are honest and direct, and we always bring an element of fun into our work. If you’re ready to join the power of fast, keep reading.
Graduate Software Engineer
We are at the forefront of the global technology scene, providing our services to the world’s most innovative companies. Since building our platform from scratch, our engineers have been continuously reshaping the payments landscape. Due to our rapid growth, we design everything with scalability in mind.
For ambitious Graduate Software Engineers, Adyen is a great place to kick-start their career and have a real impact on a platform used by the world’s top-tier merchants.
You will be guided by Senior Engineers, but we expect you to drive your own learning-curve, learn by doing, and contribute to your team and the Adyen platform quickly.
Our engineers are responsible for the full development cycle, from designing software to testing and deploying it in a weekly release. You will work with one of the biggest PostgreSQL databases out there, while writing your own queries and ensuring they fit within our low latency API landscape.
To maintain our competitive edge as we scale, we organize our work around goal-oriented groups, called streams. Streams are co-led by developers, and also include product and commercial specialists. This setup means you’re able to provide input on how our products and services are built, and also receive immediate feedback on the business impact of your work.
What you can expect
- You will work with and learn from very skilled, experienced engineers, product and commercial specialist;
- You’ll be an integral contributor to a multi-threaded, highly performing, and complex software system;
- You’ll use your critical mindset by exploring the context and knowing the ‘why.’ Your opinion will matter right from the start!;
- You’ll be in charge of the model, architecture, coding, testing, security, and release of your projects.
Who you are
- You have or are about to obtain an academic degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent;
- You like working in a team, solving real world problems together;
- You have the ambition to become one of Adyen’s leaders.
We’re looking for people who can see the bigger picture and work towards it from inception to implementation. If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you.
Who we are
Adyen is the payments platform of choice for the world’s leading companies, delivering frictionless payments across online, mobile, and in-store channels. We are the only provider of a modern end-to-end payments infrastructure, connecting directly to Visa, Mastercard, and consumers’ globally preferred payment methods. With offices around the world, Adyen serves 9 of the 10 largest U.S. internet companies and many worldwide retailers. Customers include Facebook, Uber, L’Oreal, Casper, Bonobos, and Spotify.