- Date Posted
- Jul. 11, 2021
- Software Engineering
We took an unobvious approach to starting a payments company, building a platform from scratch. Today, we’re the payments platform of choice for the world’s brightest companies. Our unobvious approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity, of backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives, is essential in helping us maintain our momentum.
Our business challenges are unique, we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. So no matter where you’re from, who you love, or what you believe in, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Internal Developer Advocate
We are looking for a passionate coder, writer, and communicator to help gather our internal development teams feedback on existing and new frameworks, and help them to adopt those.
We expect you to be at the forefront with our developers, providing them with up-to-date technical documentation, examples, training sessions and more.
You will be part of our development team, based in Amsterdam. Here, you will get familiar with and work on the payment industry’s most advanced and robust platform.
What you’ll do
- Master and write technical documentation for our in-house built frameworks.
- Write code examples and integrations to help developers use and understand our frameworks and processes.
- Gather insights on existing frameworks and needs, by talking to developers one on one or in larger training and feedback sessions.
- Be the voice of our developers, gathering feedback and passing it back to our framework development team.
- Collaborate with multiple teams to define the Adyen open-source publishing strategy.
Who you are
- You are fluent in reading Java code.
- Experienced with writing or blogging on technical articles.
- You are comfortable with full-stack development and know one or more of the following languages or runtimes:
- Java (required), Python, Node.js, PHP, Ruby, .NET, Swift, ObjC
- Familiar with Git and version control systems.
- Have worked on projects with both development and product teams.
- Knowledge of payments or fintech.
- Contribution to opensource projects.
Who we are
Adyen is the payments platform of choice for the world’s leading companies, delivering frictionless payments across online, mobile, and in-store channels. We are the only provider of a modern end-to-end payments infrastructure, connecting directly to Visa, Mastercard, and consumers’ globally preferred payment methods. With offices around the world, Adyen serves 9 of the 10 largest U.S. internet companies and many worldwide retailers. Customers include Facebook, Uber, L’Oreal, Casper, Bonobos, and Spotify.
We offer a competitive salary, internal knowledge-sharing events, a global exchange program to other offices, relocation support, and great career opportunities. Become part of an international work environment, and take your career to the next level!