- Date Posted
- Aug. 23, 2021
- Software Engineering
Adyen is the payments platform of choice for the world’s leading companies, delivering frictionless payments across online, mobile, and in-store channels. Our team members are motivated individuals that help each other do remarkable things every day. We face unique technical challenges at scale and we solve those as a team. And together, we deliver innovative and ethical solutions that transform the way the world pays.
We took an unobvious approach to starting a payments company, building a platform from scratch. Now, Adyen serves the world’s brightest companies like Facebook, Uber, L’Oreal, Casper, Bonobos, and Spotify.
Our engineers are reshaping the payments landscape. We’re looking for more talented problem solvers to help us address a unique set of challenges.
Product growth engineers focus on the external part of our platform on the very forefront of payments. As our work is seen, noticed and used by millions of people on a monthly basis, we care deeply about providing our users with the most optimal, reliable and usable experience, and performance plays a key role in all of this.
As a product growth engineer focusing on merchant products, you’ll work on customer-facing applications. With a multidisciplinary team containing colleagues from product, design and engineering, you’ll work together to provide merchants, their employees, or their shoppers the best experiences the payments industry has to offer. You might be working on checkout performance and features, building comprehensive APIs used by our merchants, optimizing search performance across our entire merchant portal, exposing data and functionalities to our frontend, or building out user and access management tooling. You have an interest in performance, end user experience, and working with our merchants to better understand their needs. You’re an advocate for building solutions that don’t just work, but perform incredibly well on all fronts.
Who you are
- You have a sharp eye for detail and like to work precisely
- You know how to take ownership to get things done while reaching out and involving other people to hear different perspectives
- You like seeing the real-world impact of your product and you are interested in helping shape and drive the payments industry
- You take the merchant’s point of view into account to try to build a product that works best for them
- You have great communication skills and the ability to articulate complex technical concepts
- You have demonstrated knowledge of Java, Web Services (RESTful, SOAP) and SQL/PostgreSQL
- You are proficient in creating performant database queries and table structures.
- Please, note that this role is a full-time position in Amsterdam. It will require a relocation in case you live outside of the Netherlands.
- Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion commitments
Our unobvious approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity of backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business and technical challenges are unique, we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. So no matter where you’re from, who you love, or what you believe in, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Studies show that women and members of underrepresented communities apply for jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Even if you don’t meet 100% of the criteria then Adyen encourages you to reconsider and apply. We look forward to your application.