- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- Jun. 6, 2021
- Software Engineering
- Financial Services
This is Adyen
We took an unobvious approach to starting a payments company, building a platform from scratch. Today, we’re the payments platform of choice for the world’s brightest companies. Speed is the foundation of our company. We think fast. We work fast. We launch fast. We are honest, direct, and try to have some fun too. We’re creating our own path, with a global team driving sustainable growth. To maintain our momentum, we need people to join us in finding new ways of solving our unique challenges - people like you.
We are looking for a backend engineer who has high availability, resilience, and security in mind while they’re creating state-of-the-art solutions. Our Engineering Team based in San Francisco has a primary focus on designing and implementing solutions for Local Payment Methods and Marketplaces.
Adyen provides the infrastructure for businesses to accept payments across the globe. Employees work across time zones, and are exposed to many different cultures and ways of working. As a Backend Engineer at Adyen, you will have the opportunity to work directly and contribute to the creation and tuning of this system and its success.
What you’ll do
- We launch fast and iterate often. Concretely, this means that within your first few weeks, you will bring code live that impacts many merchants and shoppers.
- You will be fully responsible from its initial design to bringing new functionality live.
- Identify and improve parts of the platform to make it more robust and scalable.
- Collaborate across teams and time zones to make things happen, review code and be open to feedback.
Who you are
- Familiar with a complex, high-performance platform.
- You are flexible, a team player, someone with an eye for detail.
- Able to take ownership and lead a project.
- You have at least 1 year of work experience with a general-purpose programming language, including, but not limited to: Java, C/C++, C#, Python.
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Demonstrated knowledge of Java, Web Services (RESTful, SOAP) and SQL/PostgreSQL.
- Proficient in creating performant database queries and table structures.
- This role is based out of our San Francisco office
- This is a full-time position with the ability to work a minimum of 40 hours/week
- You have full professional proficiency (written and verbal) in English
Who we are
Adyen is the payments platform of choice for the world’s leading companies, delivering frictionless payments across online, mobile, and in-store channels. Adyen is the only provider of a modern end-to-end infrastructure, connecting directly to Visa, Mastercard, and consumers’ globally preferred payment methods. With offices around the world, Adyen serves nine of the 10 largest U.S. internet companies and many worldwide retailers. Customers include Facebook, Uber, L’Oreal, Casper, Bonobos and Spotify.