- New York
- Date Posted
- Sep. 27, 2021
- Technical & Customer Support
We took an unobvious approach to starting a payments company, building a platform from scratch. Today, we’re the payments platform of choice for the world’s brightest companies. Our unobvious approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity, of backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives, is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business challenges are unique, we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. So no matter where you’re from, who you love, or what you believe in, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Desktop Support Engineer
We are looking for a Desktop Support Engineer who will use their technical skills to support our teams in troubleshooting and solving IT issues, while maintaining Adyen’s high bar for security. This role will also be responsible for procurement and management of office and employee IT equipment, including handling equipment during the on-boarding and off-boarding of employees. With a hands-on attitude, you have a natural enthusiasm for helping others and contributing to enhanced productivity of our dynamic workforce.
What you’ll do
- Use technical and soft skills to diagnose and troubleshoot IT challenges ranging from OS to application level — from set-up and education of new users, to assisting colleagues with questions on the use of company hardware and applications
- Look for new ways to continuously improve our global IT systems and functionalities, including automating manual processes (using Bash / Python) - and contribute to improvements to scripts!
- Work with our global teams in a ticket queue to solve complex technical problems
- Provision laptops and onboard new employees, setting them up for productivity
- Project manage office IT upgrades and maintenance, such as video conferencing rooms, office network and internet installation and configuration, and security systems
Who you are
- You are a technical self-starter with 3 or more years of experience in desktop support, system administration and project management
- You enjoy creating an office environment, complete with top of the line equipment, that allows colleagues to do their best work
- You like to work with and help colleagues resolve straightforward and complex IT issues
- You are a flexible team player who is responsible, independent and able to use good judgment
- You are committed to a return to the office - this role will require in-person attendance in the office 5 days a week.
Who we are
Adyen is the payments platform of choice for many of the world’s leading companies, providing a modern end-to-end infrastructure connecting directly to Visa, Mastercard, and consumers’ globally preferred payment methods. Adyen delivers frictionless payments across online, mobile, and in-store channels. With offices across the world, Adyen serves customers including Facebook, Uber, Spotify, Casper, Bonobos and L’Oreal.
Ready to meet us?
If this role looks like your next challenge, apply by clicking the below link. We can’t wait to meet you!