- Date Posted
- May. 30, 2021
- Technical & Customer Support
We took an unobvious approach to starting a payments company, building a platform from scratch. Today, we’re the payments platform of choice for the world’s brightest companies. Our unobvious approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity, of backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives, is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business challenges are unique, we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. So no matter where you’re from, who you love, or what you believe in, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Technical Automation Engineer
We are looking for a Technical Automation Engineer who will use their technical skills to support our teams in troubleshooting and solving IT issues. With a hands-on attitude, you have a natural enthusiasm for helping others and contributing to enhanced productivity of our dynamic workforce.
What you’ll do
- Use technical and soft skills to diagnose and troubleshoot other people’s IT challenges — from set-up and education of new users, to assisting colleagues with questions and optimize software processes.
- Look for new ways to continuously improve our global IT systems and functionalities.
- Solve hard technical problems and automate manual tasks.
- Improve and write new laptop kickstart / provisioning scripts (using Bash / Python)
- Automate recurring issues in various ways (using Ansible / Cron jobs / Jamf / Puppet)
- Create / update software packages using Munki for our own Managed Software Center (internal App store)
- Deploying and managing software on all laptops within Adyen to monitor and gather facts from laptops
- Improving our scripts for LDAP management / user backups / various API’s for user management
- Writing new scripts / maintaining our laptop configuration environment
- Investigate and fix tough laptop issues (automate if possible)
- Be the go to contact for any issue our IT support team is unable to resolve
- Create / maintain REST API’s that are used for user management (using the Flask module for Python)
Who you are
- You have advanced system and network skills in UNIX based systems like OS X and Linux, plus an interest in DevOps, internal services and IT security awareness.
- You like to work with Config Management Systems like, Puppet, Ansible, Chef; you have the mindset to automate and avoid repetitive tasks by scripting in Python, Bash.
- You have an understanding of networking and firewalls, and see the benefits of using opensource software.
- You are a flexible team player who is responsible, independent and able to make informed decisions.
Who we are
Adyen is the payments platform of choice for many of the world’s leading companies, providing a modern end-to-end infrastructure connecting directly to Visa, Mastercard, and consumers’ globally preferred payment methods. Adyen delivers frictionless payments across online, mobile, and in-store channels. With offices across the world, Adyen serves customers including Facebook, Uber, Spotify, Casper, Bonobos and L’Oreal.
Ready to meet us?
If this role looks like your next challenge, apply by clicking the below link. We can’t wait to meet you!