- Date Posted
- Sep. 20, 2021
- Technical & Customer Support
Adyen is the payments platform of choice for the world’s leading companies, delivering frictionless payments across online, mobile, and in-store channels. Our team members are motivated individuals that help each other do remarkable things every day. We face unique challenges and we solve those as a team. And together, we deliver innovative and ethical solutions that transform the way the world pays.
Point-of-Sale (POS) Support Engineer
Adyen is looking for a curious and driven Point-of-Sale (POS) Support Engineer with 1-2 years of experience to strengthen our growth in Australia and New Zealand. Within our team in Sydney, you will be the first point of contact for our merchants across the globe, working together with multiple internal Adyen teams to solve our merchants’ problems. You’ll have autonomy in your role and ownership to improve and speak up, and - hopefully - have a lot of fun while doing it.
What you’ll do
Your goal is to provide our merchant base with expert, accurate, and timely advice and support when they need it, in order to successfully accept payments in all their retail locations around the world. Your challenge will be remotely identifying, analyzing, troubleshooting and solving both hardware and software issues on a range of different devices.
This means working directly with our merchants’ (technical) teams, or working with internal Adyen teams such as our operational support team, project managers, and account managers. This can also include proactively providing IT training on the POS product to these stakeholders.
Your work is both varied and impactful - you could be helping a customer to set up new stores on our platform, configuring new terminal functionalities on the back end, or reviewing logs and troubleshooting integration issues between the merchant’s POS software and Adyen’s payment technology. Internally, you could be working with the product teams to justify a change that makes a functionality more efficient, reproducing live issues on in-house terminals, or updating internal documentation to help your colleagues.
As such, what you do will have a direct impact on our merchant’s ability to accept payments and expand their business with us.
Your team is extremely customer-focused, highly motivated and thrives on shared success. They also have a strong relationship with development in order to facilitate constant product improvement. They are an international team with diverse backgrounds and skill sets.
Who you are
- You’re able to troubleshoot technical problems, read application logs and find solutions to complex errors.
- You love to provide assistance to others via phone, web-based tools or email, and to be regarded as a technical expert.
- You love to learn new things, be it product, technology or process and are quickly able to adapt them into your work flows.
- You get a sense of achievement from solving problems, and from helping people; a great customer experience is at the heart of what you do.
- You can work independently, and you have a proven record of learning or working with technology that interests you.
- You’re a team player, and foster knowledge and information sharing with others by updating documentation or reporting bugs.
- You’re driven, an enthusiastic collaborator, and ready to give and receive feedback.
- You make quick, but informed decisions, even under pressure and can prioritise tasks appropriately based on urgency or necessity.
- You’re capable of abstract thinking, being able to solve a puzzle that isn’t directly in front of you, separating the layers of software, hardware and internal systems.
- You have experience with, or a keen interest in, internet technologies and technical processes - think for example writing scripts or coding in PHP, Python or Java.
- You have the ability to interface seamlessly with a global, multicultural team (excellent relationship skills, culturally aware, adjust your communication style to audiences).
- You’re fluent in English. For non-native English speakers: you need to prove you have full professional or bilingual proficiency.
- Our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion commitments
Our unobvious approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity of backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business and technical challenges are unique, we need as many different voices as possible to solve them - voices like yours. So no matter where you’re from, who you love, or what you believe in, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Studies show that women and members of underrepresented communities apply for jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Even if you don’t meet 100% of the criteria, Adyen encourages you to reconsider and apply. We look forward to your application.