- Date Posted
- May. 23, 2021
- Technical & Customer Support
This is Adyen
We took an unobvious approach to starting a payments company, building a platform from scratch. Today, we’re the payments platform of choice for the world’s brightest companies. Speed is the foundation of our company. We think fast. We work fast. We launch fast. We are honest, direct, and try to have some fun too. We’re creating our own path, with a global team driving sustainable growth. To maintain our momentum, we need people to join us in finding new ways of solving our unique challenges - people like you.
What you’ll do
Your goal is to provide our merchant base with expert, accurate, and timely advice and support when they need it, in order to successfully accept payments in all their retail locations around the world. Your challenge will be remotely identifying, analyzing, troubleshooting and solving both hardware and software issues on a range of different devices.
This means working directly with merchant technical engineers and store managers, or working with internal Adyen teams such as our operational support team, project managers, and account managers. This can also include proactively providing IT training on the POS product to these stakeholders.
Your work is both varied and impactful- you could be helping a customer to set up new stores on our platform, configuring new terminal functionalities on the back end, or reviewing logs and troubleshooting integration issues between the merchant’s POS software and Adyen’s payment technology. Internally, you could be working with the product teams to justify a change that makes a functionality more efficient, reproducing live issues on in-house terminals, or updating internal documentation to help your colleagues.
As such, what you do will have a direct impact on our merchant’s ability to accept payments and expand their business with us.
Your team is extremely customer-focused, highly motivated and thrives on shared success. They also have a strong relationship with development in order to facilitate constant product improvement. They are an international team with diverse backgrounds and skill sets.
Who you are:
- You are able to troubleshoot technical problems, read application logs and find solutions to complex errors
- You love to provide assistance to others, and be regarded as a technical expert
- You love to learn new things, be it product, technology or process and are quickly able to adapt them into your work flows
- You get a sense of achievement from solving problems, and from helping people; a great customer experience is at the heart of what you do
- You have a proven record of learning or working with technology that interests you
- You are a team player, and foster knowledge and information sharing with others by updating documentation or reporting bugs
- You are driven, an enthusiastic collaborator, and ready to give and receive feedback
- You make quick, but informed decisions, even under pressure and can prioritize tasks appropriately based on urgency or necessity
- You are capable of abstract thinking, being able to solve a puzzle that isn’t directly in front of you, separating the layers of software, hardware and internal systems
- In depth IT knowledge or training is a plus
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills in English and also in French
Who we are
Adyen is the payments platform of choice for the world’s leading companies, delivering frictionless payments across online, mobile and in-store channels. It is the only provider of a modern end-to-end infrastructure, connecting directly to Visa, Mastercard, and consumers’ globally preferred payment methods. With offices around the world, Adyen serves nine of the 10 largest U.S. internet companies and many worldwide retailers. Customers include Facebook, Uber, L’Oreal, Evernote, Cathay Pacific and Spotify.
We offer a competitive salary, knowledge internal events, exchange program to other offices and great career opportunities. Become part of an international work environment and take your career to the next level!