- Date Posted
- Dec. 24, 2021
- Design & UI
- Business Applications
Adzuna is a job search engine that lists every job, everywhere. From launch in the UK in 2011, we now have more than 10 million visitors a month and are busy conquering the world from our office in West London. This is a rare and exciting opportunity to join one of the UK’s most dynamic and fastest-growing startups.
We are looking for a highly motivated and talented front end / ReactJS developer to join our world class team helping millions of people find better, more fulfilling jobs.
Reporting into our lead front end developer, you’ll be a part of a broader dev team of +35 people including our existing team of highly experienced front end engineers. In terms of day to day delivery, you’ll be working with our Head of Product for Labour Market Intelligence to realise our product roadmap.
You will work alongside backend developers and data scientists within a 5-7 person team launching an exciting new product area (where we already have banner name reference clients) utilising job market data to inform government policy, economic development, education curriculum and talent resourcing.
This is a truly greenfield role, where you’ll be using your skills and experience to:
- Develop a slick, responsive interface based on high-fidelity designs
- Create a high performance, reusable front end architecture built around React
- Create beautiful and intuitive data visualisations that tell a story with clarity
- This is a chance to architect and develop a cutting-edge SaaS platform that will be used globally.
Specific responsibilities include
- Architecting and developing a rich, responsive front end for our new labour market intelligence B2B SaaS platform.
- Participating in product design discussions from offering simple UX advice through to full UI designs (ideally done in Sketch)
- Demonstrating great communication skills in order to liaise with the rest of our largely remote development team using tools such as slack and hangouts.
- Building approved designs in HTML5 and leveraging TailwindCSS’s “utility classes” approach to rapidly implement a fully responsive and functional UI.
- Implementing sliced code using React.
- Taking responsibility for maintenance, bug fixing and technical improvements across our front end stack.
- Building internal tools, dashboards and our component library.
We don’t like to put people in boxes, but you’re likely to be able to demonstrate much of the below:
- 5+ years of experience of front end development in a SaaS environment
- Strong knowledge of HTML5 and CSS3 and ability to slice designs into pixel-perfect HTML prototypes using these technologies
- Self-motivated and keen to learn
- Strong attention to detail
- Willingness to rapidly iterate and adapt to customer needs and feedback
Useful extra skills and experience
We would also be really interested in some of the following skills:
- Web design: Ability to design user interfaces (both desktop and mobile) following modern UX guidelines using Sketch (or Figma / Adobe XD / Photoshop)
- Experience with the TailwindCSS CSS framework: Again, if you’re a Bootstrap (or Semantic UI or Foundation or Materialize) fan please do apply. Maybe you feel that custom CSS (or SCSS or Postcss) is better? Join us and show us!
- Building with digital accessibility in mind: We believe that the products we build should be accessible to all, and strive to ensure we meet WCAG AA levels of compliance.
- Knowledge of any templating system: Perl’s Template Toolkit, PHP’s Smarty or Laravel Blade templates, Java’s Freemarker, Python’s Django, Rails .erb etc. If you’ve worked with anything that transpiles / compiles down to HTML you can check this box.
- Experience with Git version control: We ideally want you to be confident merging changes from the master branch onto your topic branch or being able to rebase your topic branch at whim
- Experience in Fintech or HRtech: the applications you will be creating will feature clear workflows and be very analytical, so experience gained in a similar market would be an advantage.
- Reward: We offer a competitive financial package which includes competitive salary, stock options, a contributory pension scheme and Perks at Work.
- Wellbeing: We take the wellbeing of our employees seriously and have taken every step possible to protect the health and wellbeing of our people during COVID-19. Amongst other things, we offer healthcare through Babylon Health, access to free counselling and a programme of wellbeing activities and events. We have a flexible working policy and during COVID-19, for the foreseeable, no one is expected back in the office unless they choose to attend. We also run regular wellbeing workshops, offer enhanced maternity and paternity leave because we welcome people with families, and 25 days paid holiday per year
- Training: Through our Adzuna Academy training programme, attending (virtual) conferences, team training budgets, individual development plans and coaching from experienced and supportive peers and managers.
- Fun stuff: An environment that is thoughtfully designed to allow for work and play including (when we’re not restricted by COVID-19) a roof terrace, bar and table tennis. We have a packed social calendar, twice annual global team get-togethers and an enviable culture thanks to the amazing and smart people who make Adzuna a great place to work. Much of this is all done remotely at the moment of course - even during COVID-19 we are still managing to have a lot of fun ‘together’ thanks to our great Social Committee.
A bit more about Adzuna
Adzuna is a smarter, more transparent job search engine used by tens of millions of visitors per month. We love using the awesome power of technology to bring together every job in one place, help match people to better, more fulfilling jobs and keep Britain working.
Adzuna.co.uk is a 100 person business operating across 16 territories and was founded in 2011 by Andrew Hunter and Doug Monro, formerly of eBay, Gumtree, Qype and Zoopla.
- We are backed by leading Venture Capital firms Passion Capital, LocalGlobe, Index Ventures and Smedvig Capital.
- We’ve spent a decade developing smarter, more transparent job search so jobseekers worldwide (we’re in 16 countries) can zero in on the right role faster.
We also supply real-time data to the Number 10 Dashboard and Office for National Statistics labour market indices. In 2018, Adzuna won the contract to run Find a job, one of the British government’s most used online services.
We treat jobseekers as people not as products. We do the same for our team, seeing the diverse range of strengths they bring to our business. Regardless of background, race, gender, sexuality or ability, we welcome everyone to our team. Our people are the most important asset we have.
- Please let us know if we need to accommodate a disability during the hiring process, so that we can give you the support you need.
- Proud member of the Disability Confident employer scheme.