- Date Posted
- Nov. 14, 2021
- Business Intelligence
Who we are
- Alan is the healthcare super-app offering personalised healthcare & wellbeing to our members.
- Founded in 2016 by Jean-Charles Samuelian and Charles Gorintin, Alan is the first independent digital health insurance in France since 1986.
By providing our members with delightful health insurance bundled with innovative healthcare services, Alan’s long-term goal is to help all people have a personalised and accessible healthcare experience.
As of today, Alan covers more than 170,000 members, representing over €100m of annualised revenue. We recently raised a further €185m in a series D funding round bringing the company’s total valuation to €1.4bn. The team is 400+ people and growing. We recently landed in Spain and Belgium , and guess what: the best is yet to come!
How we do it?
At Alan, we have a set of cultural values that guide our approach to work:
- Members first. We put our members first, our team second, our shareholders third.
- Distributed Ownership. We empower everyone to make courageous decisions and to work asynchronously.
- Radical Transparency. We take all our decisions in writing and adopt a direct and honest style of communication.
- Personal & Team Growth. We are self-improving whilst helping others grow. We’re no ego-doers and we all edit the company.
- Fearless ambition. We shoot for the moon and work backwards. We push for excellence by focusing on uncomfortable A+ problems.
- Underrepresented folks...
Science shows that you are less likely to apply if you feel you don’t have all the necessary prerequisites. If this description matches where you are now or what you’d like to grow into in your next position, we encourage you to apply.
We strive to make our culture as inclusive as possible and believe both the company and its culture are strongest when composed of diverse experiences and backgrounds.
- We have an open salary & equity policy combined with a transparent career path: we base our people decisions on objective criteria.
- We have flexible working hours and leave policy.
- We trust people to work remotely (we are a “work from anywhere” company).
- We extended the length of parental leave and value this time as professional experience.
- We respect our coworkers gender identity and use their names, pronouns and agreements no matter their legal status.
- We make tough decisions if we see discriminatory remarks.
The Insurance Team
The insurance team brings technical leadership and expertise; it influences all Alan’s strategic decisions. In the insurance team, we work hand in hand with the rest of the company (designers, engineers, data scientists, product managers, finance, operations) to build the most differentiating products. We support the sales and account management teams on offers for large companies. We also make sure the business is properly monitored and risks are under control. Finally, we help the rest of the team understand the subtleties of healthcare and death/disability insurance.
Joining the Alan insurance team means joining a human scale team where you will have a tremendous impact on what we build and how we organize ourselves; We move fast, with a lot of ownership, and are proud to tackle big problems!
If we expect people to bring specific expertise to Alan, we also encourage them to grow on other topics of the insurance community, not necessarily related to their initial expertise.
- Define and build the metrics, tools, and dynamic reporting to monitor our portfolio and forecast our margin
- Own the quantitative metrics computation to bring added value to strategic decision makings alongside Sales/Ops teams
- Understand the margin and claims drivers on both gross and ceded business and provide clarity on margin targets for repricing
- Contribute to the reinsurance plans and support the renewal strategy
- Support entities in new countries to define and build their own portfolio monitoring and forecasts
- Is it you we’re looking for?
You would be a good fit if you:
- Have experience in insurance and portfolio monitoring
- Are a master of portfolio monitoring and forecasts at the micro level
- Have a scientific background (statistics, actuarial sciences) and are capable of understanding technical, data, regulatory, and business questions related to health and prévoyance insurance/reinsurance
- Are comfortable with SQL and ideally in R or Python
- Are analytical and structured, with a fact-based decision-making style
- Are enthusiastic about teamwork, curious, learning, and teaching
- Are willing to deeply change the insurance industry and challenge the status quo
- Have strong written communication skills
- Are fluent in English (Alan’s working language)
- Perks & Benefits
At Alan, we believe that being in good health is a basic need, and it starts with our employees. This is why Alaners are provided with a stimulating environment and perks for them to be happy, efficient and spend only high-quality time with co-workers.
Therefore, we offer:
- Flexible Office. Amazing office space in the headquarters, sponsored co-working hubs or a full-remote experience for those who want, with home office equipment sponsorship.
- We reward fairly. Competitive Salary and generous equity packages
- All the tools you need. Top of the range equipment: Macbook Pro, keyboard, laptop stand, monitor, and Bose noise-cancelling headphones
- Flexible vacation policy. Alaners can organize their time off as they wish.
- Delightful healthcare insurance. Extremely comprehensive health insurance - 100% of the contribution covered by Alan for you and your family.
- Transport. Country-specific commuter benefits
- Learning & Training opportunities. A very flexible Training policy at Alan, free books and budget to attend and speak at conferences if the opportunity arises
- Parental leave. Extended parental leave for all new parents.
- Check out our Medium & blog for more info: https://medium.com/alan / https://blog.alan.com/