- Date Posted
- Sep. 21, 2021
Alan is the healthcare super-app offering personalised healthcare & wellbeing to our members.
Founded in 2016 by Jean-Charles Samuelian and Charles Gorintin, Alan is the first independent digital health insurance in France since 1986.
By providing our members with delightful health insurance bundled with innovative healthcare services, Alan’s long-term goal is to help all people have a personalised and accessible healthcare experience.
As of today, Alan covers more than 170,000 members, representing over €100m of annualised revenue. We recently raised a further €185m in a series D funding round bringing the company’s total valuation to €1.4bn. The team is 400+ people and growing. We recently landed in Spain and Belgium , and guess what: the best is yet to come!
How we do it?
At Alan, we have a set of cultural values that guide our approach to work:
- Members first. We put our members first, our team second, our shareholders third.
- Distributed Ownership. We empower everyone to make courageous decisions and to work asynchronously.
- Radical Transparency. We take all our decisions in writing and adopt a direct and honest style of communication.
- Personal & Team Growth. We are self-improving whilst helping others grow. We’re no ego-doers and we all edit the company.
- Fearless ambition. We shoot for the moon and work backwards. We push for excellence by focusing on uncomfortable A+ problems.
- Underrepresented folks...
Science shows that you are less likely to apply if you feel you don’t have all the necessary prerequisites. If this description matches where you are now or what you’d like to grow into in your next position, we encourage you to apply.
We strive to make our culture as inclusive as possible and believe both the company and its culture are strongest when composed of diverse experiences and backgrounds.
- We have an open salary & equity policy combined with a transparent career path: we base our people decisions on objective criteria.
- We have flexible working hours and leave policy.
- We trust people to work remotely (we are a “work from anywhere” company).
- We extended the length of parental leave and value this time as professional experience.
- We respect our coworkers gender identity and use their names, pronouns and agreements no matter their legal status.
- We make tough decisions if we see discriminatory remarks.
We have ambitious growth plans, and are expecting to take the team from 400 to 500 in the next 12 months, the Talent Community will be instrumental in driving that growth. We have a very unique culture and Talent Operating Model at Alan so this is not your usual Talent Lead role. We strongly believe in Distributed Ownership so our hierarchy is very flat, instead of managing a team your role will be incredibly diverse, focused on taking the lead on the follow Talent priorities:
- Talent Strategy - Owning Global Talent Strategy at the company level for all communities and locations, by building and implement the Talent strategic vision, whilst empowering the TA team to lead the discussion defining our recruitment approach for hiring in new markets.
- Organisation & Planning - Refining and optimising the Talent community structure in anticipation of the growing needs of Alan over multi countries, ensuring ownership is distributed in the Talent community with clear objectives and path to delivery.
- Operational excellence - Building granular understanding of our operations, optimise our operating model, identify continuous improvement initiatives and push automation of our processes
- People Growth - inspiring and coaching of most of the Talent community members and positively contributing to their career development.
- Skills that would make you great in this role
- Proven experience leading recruitment in high growth tech businesses with an international/European presence
- Ability to own the recruitment strategy for the expansion into new markets & has lead hiring initiatives when launching new markets
- Previous experience of driving collaboration across dispersed teams
- Analytical - able to use data and metrics to drive decisions and guide hiring teams
- Highly focused on continual improvement - must have been involved in the build phase of a company
- Fluent in English
- Perks & Benefits
At Alan, we believe that being in good health is a basic need, and it starts with our employees. This is why Alaners are provided with a stimulating environment and perks for them to be happy, efficient and spend only high-quality time with co-workers.
Therefore, we offer:
- Flexible Office. Amazing office space in the headquarters, sponsored co-working hubs or a full-remote experience for those who want, with home office equipment sponsorship.
- We reward fairly. Competitive Salary and generous equity packages
- All the tools you need. Top of the range equipment: Macbook Pro, keyboard, laptop stand, monitor, and Bose noise-cancelling headphones
- Flexible vacation policy. Alaners can organize their time off as they wish.
- Delightful healthcare insurance. Extremely comprehensive health insurance with Alan Blue - 100% of the contribution covered by Alan for you and your family
- Transport. Country-specific commuter benefits
- Learning & Training opportunities. A very flexible Training policy at Alan, free books and budget to attend and speak at conferences if the opportunity arises
- Parental leave & Childcare. Extended parental leave for all new parents & daycare solutions (France only).
- Check out our Medium & blog for more info: https://medium.com/alan / https://blog.alan.com/