- Date Posted
- Sep. 29, 2021
- Life Sciences R&D
Alan is the healthcare super-app offering personalised healthcare & wellbeing to our members.
Founded in 2016 by Jean-Charles Samuelian and Charles Gorintin, Alan is the first independent digital health insurance in France since 1986.
By providing our members with delightful health insurance bundled with innovative healthcare services, Alan’s long-term goal is to help all people have a personalised and accessible healthcare experience.
As of today, Alan covers more than 170,000 members, representing over €100m of annualised revenue. We recently raised a further €185m in a series D funding round bringing the company’s total valuation to €1.4bn. The team is 400+ people and growing. We recently landed in Spain and Belgium , and guess what: the best is yet to come!
How we do it?
At Alan, we have a set of cultural values that guide our approach to work:
- Members first. We put our members first, our team second, our shareholders third.
- Distributed Ownership. We empower everyone to make courageous decisions and to work asynchronously.
- Radical Transparency. We take all our decisions in writing and adopt a direct and honest style of communication.
- Personal & Team Growth. We are self-improving whilst helping others grow. We’re no ego-doers and we all edit the company.
- Fearless ambition. We shoot for the moon and work backwards. We push for excellence by focusing on uncomfortable A+ problems.
- Underrepresented folks...
Science shows that you are less likely to apply if you feel you don’t have all the necessary prerequisites. If this description matches where you are now or what you’d like to grow into in your next position, we encourage you to apply.
We strive to make our culture as inclusive as possible and believe both the company and its culture are strongest when composed of diverse experiences and backgrounds.
- We have an open salary & equity policy combined with a transparent career path: we base our people decisions on objective criteria.
- We have flexible working hours and leave policy.
- We trust people to work remotely (we are a “work from anywhere” company).
- We extended the length of parental leave and value this time as professional experience.
- We respect our coworkers gender identity and use their names, pronouns and agreements no matter their legal status.
- We make tough decisions if we see discriminatory remarks.
The Alan Virtual Clinic
With Alan, everyone will have personalised access to delightful information, proactive care, care delivery, and post-care whether it is digital or physical. We want Alan to be the first place people look to access all their health care and wellbeing needs. That’s why we are building a virtual clinic hosting a diverse team of professionals (doctors, nurses, midwives, dietitians…) that Alan members can reach out through chat to seek tailored advice.
The envisioned experience in Alan Clinic relies on 3 pillars:
- Personalisation & empathy: Alan Clinic professionals provide personalized advice based on a good understanding of member needs
- Immediacy & accuracy: Members should receive trusted answers to their healthcare questions in a timely manner in order to progress on their health journey.
- Proactivity & decisiveness: As Alan gets to know its members, they should receive reminders and suggestions anticipating their needs and ensuring they stay in good health.
The Virtual Clinic Medical Lead is an accomplished Doctor who will ensure the oversight of our Virtual Clinic in order to deliver the most personalised primary care solutions to our members and ensure the best clinical outcomes.
- Take part in the clinic activity itself by delivering personalised advice to our members
- Provide daily oversight of the team of healthcare professionals who are part of the clinic: grow, support, train and inspire the team
- Be accountable for the medical quality of the clinic by running quality check and patient satisfaction initiatives
- Recruit and onboard new HPs in the clinic, together with the medical operations team
- Represent HPs needs, reevaluate and improve internal processes to ensure HP satisfaction
- Provide medical expertise and vision to build and improve the clinic
- Profile and competencies we are looking for
- Current license as a Doctor and >2 years of active clinical practice
- Passionate about new ways of delivering healthcare
- Patient first: focused on delivering the best experience for patients, won’t let a medical situation emerge without medical presence and follow-up
- Leadership skills: Able to attract top healthcare professional, lead, support and make them grow, and to make the right connections in the medical world
- Strongly accountable and are able to show empathy for fellow Alaners, HPs and members
- Highly organised with exceptional follow-up skills
- A fast learner : to learn new tools, technologies, and methodologies - not scared of getting your hands dirty
- Adaptable: you show flexibility and a strong ability to adapt to variable situations
- Collaborative/ team player: Able to navigate through an organisation and work with very transversal teams, able to handle stakeholders with very different needs and expectations
- Strong in written and verbal communication in English & French
- Perks & Benefits
At Alan, we believe that being in good health is a basic need, and it starts with our employees. This is why Alaners are provided with a stimulating environment and perks for them to be happy, efficient and spend only high-quality time with co-workers.
Therefore, we offer:
- Flexible Office. Amazing office space in the headquarters, sponsored co-working hubs or a full-remote experience for those who want, with home office equipment sponsorship.
- We reward fairly. Competitive Salary and generous equity packages
- All the tools you need. Top of the range equipment: Macbook Pro, keyboard, laptop stand, monitor, and Bose noise-cancelling headphones
- Flexible vacation policy. Alaners can organize their time off as they wish.
- Delightful healthcare insurance. Extremely comprehensive health insurance with Alan Blue - 100% of the contribution covered by Alan for you and your family
- Transport. Country-specific commuter benefits
- Learning & Training opportunities. A very flexible Training policy at Alan, free books and budget to attend and speak at conferences if the opportunity arises
- Parental leave & Childcare. Extended parental leave for all new parents & daycare solutions (France only).