- Date Posted
- May. 25, 2021
Who we are
Hello there, we’re Alan.
Wait… what is Alan?
Alan exists to reimagine the health system by creating a better experience centered on the user. Alan is a subscription to better living, where health is a part of the way you want to live, not a restriction on your way of living. Alan is your friend in health and your partner in the system.
We started by creating the first digital health insurance company in Europe! Specifically, we’re the first new insurance in France since… 1986! And we’ve raised more than €125m in less than four years from leading investors such as Index Ventures, Temasek and DST Global Partners.
Sales Team at Alan
Our sales team is the engine that drives our B to B customer reach.
We grew from 25 to 50 people in 2020 and we’ll make the Alan Sales team grow from 50 to 90 to hit our ambitious target for 2021.
We want to keep that bar very high by hiring the most exceptional Sales!
Being a Sales at Alan means joining a team of talented, committed and passionate sales experts, with different segments: Tech, Hotel & Restaurant, Large companies etc expertises: knowledge of specific segments (Hotel & Restaurants, tech companies) or Account Executives for our key accounts.
We move fast, with a lot of ownership, and are proud to tackle big problems!
- What is being an Account Executive at Alan and why do we need them? The sales’ scope is composed of 4 main pillars
- Generate Leads to achieve our company objectives:
- As Account Executive, you drive deals, manage key customer relationships and help close strategic opportunities with prospects (companies with +500 employees). You are directly responsible for educating prospects, providing inspiring product demonstrations, and onboarding companies’ key stakeholders as they transition from prospect to customer. At the same time, we expect you to understand, embrace and apply the Alan Smart & Soft selling method. This method stems from the concept that the prospect experience is an inseparable piece of the overall Alan customer experience. You are expected to make this experience pleasant, instructive and delightful by leveraging the most relevant messaging and materials (Smart) and by defining the high-touch strategy that suits best each prospect (Soft).
- Contribute to Growth/Sales-driven initiatives:
- We expect the Account Executive to be proactive on identifying, challenging and leading initiatives that aim to increase the Alan awareness, consideration, sales funnel rates and win rates.
- The insurance market is a regulated and traditional sector in which being a trusted partner is a key decision factor in the decision-making process. The Account Executive is in charge of enlarging their spheres of influence by meeting and leveraging influential HR Directors, CFOs, C-levels, CSE (Comité Social et Économique),... you speak on behalf of Alan during well-targeted events for which we are offered the possibility to be on-stage speakers.
- Ensure customer and market need requirements are collected and pushed to the relevant internal teams to address market expectations:
- The Account Executive’s position is strategic: by being on the front line, you are the eyes and ears of the company. You are in charge of challenging, formalizing and passing on the prospects’ feedback and objections to the Product teams so that they can prioritize the roadmap and implement the changes that will drive growth the most. We trust the Account Executive to leverage the internal resources in a constructive and respectful way that makes the company grow. The Account Executive is also asked to voice and challenge the team’s decisions. We believe this is a healthy way to collectively and individually improve. Since Alan relies on a strong written culture, we also expect the Account Executive to contribute to enrich the existing documentation.
- If you want to know more about how our Sales team works: https://blog.alan.eu/nos-commerciaux-ne-vendent-pas (in French)
You will be a good fit to join the Sales team at Alan if you:
- Have strong background in B2B sales
- Have strong written & verbal communication skills (English & French)
- Are highly organized with exceptional follow-up skills
- Have strong analytical skills
- Have empathy and are passionate about understanding and solving prospects’ problems
- Have the ability to collaborate in a fast-paced team
- Have a desire to learn fast and make an impact from day 1
- Everything else is a plus. We care about having a diversity of experiences and backgrounds in our team.
The Alan Method
At Alan, we have a set of cultural values that translate into our approach to work:
- We solve big problems, quickly, with focus.
- We tell and share everything.
- We grow as individuals while we are developing the company.
Alaners are provided a stimulating environment for them to focus on the essential: their work. Therefore, we offer:
- Competitive compensation packages, along with meaningful equity.
- An awesome office in the center of Paris.
- Relocation packages for our international candidates.
- A great healthcare program (yes, Alan ).
- Flexible and remote-friendly work environment (for now in France, Spain & Belgium for an employment contract - we’ll hire people in other European countries as freelance contractors with the goal of moving them into full-time employees in the future).
- The necessary equipment for you to do your best work (Noise Cancelling Headphones, a Macbook Pro, secondary screen, etc.). You can have them at home, in case you are mostly working remotely.
- And a lot more great stuff (feel free to ask)!
- Check out our Medium & blog for more info: https://medium.com/alan / https://blog.alan.com/