- Los Angeles
- Date Posted
- Jun. 13, 2021
- Design & UI
ANINE BING Corporation is a fast growing fashion & commerce startup revolutionizing the way products are developed, produced, marketed, sold, and delivered to customers. The brand reaches customers across social platforms, eCommerce, branded brick-and-mortar stores, and major department stores. ANINE BING has a global presence, with 11 stores in 6 countries around the world.
ANINE BING has 70+ employees across Sales, Production, Design, Graphics, and Customer Service located in Downtown Los Angeles. Key investors include Index Ventures founder Danny Rimer (Facebook, Dropbox, Net-A-Porter, Nasty Gal), Greycroft Partners founder Dana Settle (Maker Studios, Thrive Market, AwesomenessTV), and Felix Capital founder Frederic Court (Goop, Farfetch, Vitrue, Dailymotion).
Under the direction of the Sr. Technical Designer, the Junior Technical Designer will manage the technical product development process from initial design to final execution, ensuring fit and quality stay consistent.
This role requires that you are a relationship builder and a team player - driven to contribute to ANINE BING’s reputation, growth and success. You should love working in a fast-paced environment and being a multi-tasker who is self-driven and confident interacting with all levels of management. You must be flexible and passionate about building teams with different skill sets and personalities.
- Organize workflow within the department based on delivery and production time and action calendar.· Check construction and quality of product to ensure sample has proper construction for garment category and fabrication
- Ability to communicate fit and balance issues via easily understandable written and/or visual methods. Major plus if you have pattern experience.
- Execute fit comments in a timely manner to ensure the fit process stays in line with production and action timelines.
- Cross-examine sample against style Tech Pack and against the previous fit samples to ensure previous comments have been corrected.
- Document clear and precise notes during line review and fittings.
- Inspect samples received from proto stage to TOP samples in a timely manner.
- Strong understanding of Technical Design umbrella: construction, fit, pattern making, fabric relation to design intent, and overall improving quality of a garment while maintaining cost.
- Proficient computer skills, Adobe Illustrator, Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, Word,)
- Experience using Backbone is a plus
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced fashion environment
- Competitive compensation package
- A host of company covered Medical, Dental, and Vision plans from which to choose
- Catered lunches
- Company-wide social events
- Sample sales (yes, sample sales)
- Employee wardrobe
- Generous employee discount (very generous)
- Fashion District Downtown LA office space
- Free parking
Success at ANINE BING requires that:
- You love to win.
- You are a doer.
- You’re a team player.
- You’re humble.
- You are honest, straightforward and transparent.
- You are a good teacher/mentor (approachable and accessible).
- You want to get your hands dirty.
- You solve problems.
- You are resilient.
- You are flexible.
- You are entrepreneurial, smart, and passionate.
- If you don’t know something, you say so. Then go figure it out quickly.
- You love working in a creative environment.
- You have a sense of humor.
- You are an insatiable learner.