- Los Angeles
- Date Posted
- Oct. 25, 2021
- Design & UI
ANINE BING Corporation is a fast-growing fashion & commerce startup revolutionizing the way products are developed, produced, marketed, sold, and delivered to customers. The brand reaches customers across social platforms, eCommerce, branded brick-and-mortar stores, and major department stores. ANINE BING has a global presence, with 15 stores in 6 countries around the world.
ANINE BING has 70+ employees across Sales, Production, Design, Graphics, and Customer Service located in Downtown Los Angeles. Key investors include Index Ventures founder Danny Rimer (Facebook, Dropbox, Net-A-Porter, Nasty Gal), Greycroft Partners founder Dana Settle (Maker Studios, Thrive Market, AwesomenessTV), and Felix Capital founder Frederic Court (Goop, Farfetch, Vitrue, Dailymotion).
What we are looking for:
This is a roll-up-sleeves and get-hands-dirty role for a creative thinking and highly organized visual specialist . The Retail Development & Visual Specialist will work closely with our headquarter team to execute and support new store development and store openings. This position will also oversee and support visual merchandising for all ANINE BING Retail stores. This position will require an experienced candidate with a strong visual background (retail environment preferred, although not required), experience managing multiple projects simultaneously. You should love working in a fast-paced environment and being a multi-tasker who is self-driven and confident interacting with all levels of management and store sales teams. You must be flexible and passionate about building teams with different skill sets and personalities. This role is based in Los Angeles, CA. Ability to work from office, retail stores and home office time will be expected. Have your passport ready! This position will require the ability to travel inside the US and internationally.
What You’ll DO:
Execute and support new store development. Includes leading project timeline for store build out, coordinating with contractors to meet deadlines and deliverables. Ensure buildout exceeds brand expectations and meets requirements of both the company and landlord.
- Execute & support store set up, assist with furniture sourcing & placement.
- Lead & set up visual merchandising of new products & categories for new stores.
- Responsible for the visual merchandising in all retail stores. Oversee seasonal merchandising directives, new category initiatives and window presentations of US and international stores.
- Implement and ensure all stores are following the VM strategy, adhering to the brand image, identity in stores, and to reinforce brand visibility.
- Partner closely with internal cross departments and teams to ensure all visual strategies uphold brand DNA and pillars.
- Lead the full cycle of new retail visual projects from conception to installation.
- Ensure all visual directives, launches and any promotions are implemented in a consistent, timely manner
- Plan seasonal windows and lead ordering of fixture updates. Adapt brand concepts to each store.
- Communicate visual directives and merchandising strategies to store management
- Conduct seasonal virtual & in store visits to drive a consistent visual brand image throughout the company. Mentor store employees during visits to maintain VM direction.
- Work closely with store management on building upkeep, repairs pertaining to visual ops.
- Lead operational compliancy reviews for new store set up & existing stores
- Seeking 3-5 years of experience in a corporate visual role or experience merchandising in multiple locations.
- Previous experience supporting new store openings.
- History leading multiples projects, to do lists, while maintaining day to day work
- Impeccable eye for detail, highly organized, efficient and timely.
- Passionate about interior design, archetu
- Creatively driven and understands the aesthetic of the brand’s DNA
- Must have strong organizational, planning, prioritizing, interpersonal and communication skills
- Be passport ready. Must be willing and able to travel and work a flexible schedule to conduct installations outside of standard working and retail hours. US and International.
- Ability to lift and move up to 50 lbs. and be willing and able to climb, squat, kneel, stand atop ladders, move furniture and hang signs.
- Ability to speak second/multiple language(s) a plus but not required
- Competitive pay
- A host of company covered Medical, Dental, and Vision plans from which to choose
- Hybrid work environment (office/stores/home)
- Catered lunches at the office!
- Company-wide social events
- Employee wardrobe
- Generous employee discount
- Fashion District Downtown LA office space
- Free parking
Success at ANINE BING requires that:
- You love to win.
- You are a doer.
- You’re a team player.
- You’re humble.
- You are honest, straightforward and transparent.
- You are a good teacher/mentor (approachable and accessible).
- You want to get your hands dirty.
- You solve problems.
- You are resilient.
- You are flexible.
- You are entrepreneurial, smart, and passionate.
- If you don’t know something, you say so. Then go figure it out quickly.
- You love working in a creative environment.
- You have a sense of humor.
- You are an insatiable learner