- Los Angeles
- Date Posted
- Jun. 13, 2021
- Product Engineering
ANINE BING Corporation is a fast growing fashion & commerce startup revolutionizing the way products are developed, produced, marketed, sold, and delivered to customers. The brand reaches customers across social platforms, eCommerce, branded brick-and-mortar stores, and major department stores. ANINE BING has a global presence, with 11 stores in 6 countries around the world.
ANINE BING has 70+ employees across Sales, Production, Design, Graphics, and Customer Service located in Downtown Los Angeles. Key investors include Index Ventures founder Danny Rimer (Facebook, Dropbox, Net-A-Porter, Nasty Gal), Greycroft Partners founder Dana Settle (Maker Studios, Thrive Market, AwesomenessTV), and Felix Capital founder Frederic Court (Goop, Farfetch, Vitrue, Dailymotion).
Under the direction of the Director of Production and Sourcing, the Sr. Product Development Manager will work autonomously to oversee traditional PD processes and strategic sourcing initiatives. In addition, you will be leading and coaching one junior Product team member to ensure ongoing skill and career development.
This role requires that you are a relationship builder and a team player - driven to contribute to ANINE BING’s reputation, growth and success. You should love working in a fast-paced environment and being a multi-tasker who is self-driven and confident interacting with all levels of management. You must be flexible and passionate about building teams with different skill sets and personalities.
- Oversee product lifecycle from concept to production with acute knowledge in calendar management.
- Communicate daily with vendors to ensure samples are accurate and deadlines are met.
- Oversee sample tracking (raw materials and samples) to hit production and photoshoot deadlines.
- Work closely with design for approval comments and feedback.
- Source, manage, and test raw materials.
- Create and maintain sample, fabric, lab dips and strike off tracking reports.
- Manage initial costing with ability to analyze and achieve margin goals.
- Coordinate and monitor samples for fit, quality, execution and construction.
- Create BOM’s and ensure all items are accounted for in Backbone.
- Work cross-functionally with tech to ensure garments meet fit and production standards
- Manage a direct report and provide support to other team members when needed.
- Support high-priority initiatives as identified by leadership while proactively setting personal and team goals.
- Strong communication (both written and verbal).
- Ability to anticipate problems and develop solutions through to resolution
- In-depth Knowledge of production garment construction and manufacturing
- Advanced Knowledge of material construction and related testing
- Advanced knowledge of costing and ability to negotiate as
- Strong IT skills (MS office, PDM, Adobe)
- Four-year college or university degree with emphasis on clothing technology and/or manufacturing
- Minimum 7-10 years of progressive work experience in the garment/textile industry
- Competitive compensation package
- A host of company covered Medical, Dental, and Vision plans from which to choose
- Catered lunches and Pressed Juice three times a week
- Company-wide social events
- Sample sales (yes, sample sales)
- Employee wardrobe
- Generous employee discount (very generous)
- Fashion District Downtown LA office space
- Free parking
Success at ANINE BING requires that:
- You love to win.
- You are a doer.
- You’re a team player.
- You’re humble.
- You are honest, straightforward and transparent.
- You are a good teacher/mentor (approachable and accessible).
- You want to get your hands dirty.
- You solve problems.
- You are resilient.
- You are flexible.
- You are entrepreneurial, smart, and passionate.
- If you don’t know something, you say so. Then go figure it out quickly.
- You love working in a creative environment.
- You have a sense of humor.
- You are an insatiable learner.