- Date Posted
- Jun. 1, 2021
Ankorstore a pour mission de permettre le développement d’un commerce local et authentique. La plateforme Internet veut proposer aux commerces physiques indépendants, qui ont été malmenés ces dernières années par la grande distribution et les géants du e-commerce, des moyens techniques, financiers et logistiques pour se réinventer et proposer une expérience unique.
Ses fondateurs refusent de voir leurs centres villes désertés et envahis par des drive, des points relais et des distributeurs de billets.
Ils ont donc décidé de mettre tout leur savoir-faire (anciens fondateurs et dirigeants d’A Little Market, Etsy et Vestiaires Collective) au service de cette industrie qui pèse plus de 2000 millards d’Euros en Europe (source Insee).
About your role:
We’re looking for someone who’s eager to take on a meaningful role and be part of the meteoric success of Ankorstore. We want team members who believe in the success of a young and innovative finance, eager to success as a team, and trilled by the power of digital.
As a Corporate Accounting Associate among the Finance team, you will play a key role in our financial planning processes and operations. We are looking for someone who has an eye for data and a passion for optimization.
The role will partner with the Finance Manager to build, maintain and enhance a scalable finance routine, design an efficient closing process, and being a trustworthy partner across Ankorstore by providing accurate and timely data.
As a member of the finance team, the ideal candidate will be rigorous, detail oriented with the ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment with a positive mindset.
S/he will be open, as the company scale, taking a wide variety of responsibilities, including brining and integrating our accounting fully in house.
In this role you will
- Review various journal entries for month end, quarter end, and year end close
- Review balance sheet and income statement reconciliations
- Handle local accounts payable invoices and ensure timely payments and appropriate documentation
- Prepare analyses: flux explanations, balance composition, cash burn, and ad hoc analysis
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Help implement new processes and systems (as well as improve existing ones)
- Work closely with FP&A and functional business unit leaders to provide actionable insights and analysis
- Ensure compliance with tax, and necessary regulatory reporting requirements
- Assist in the preparation of financial statements
- Assist with managing and reviewing payroll
- BAC +5, in accounting such as DCG, DSCG or Master CCA
- 2+ years experience in a company and/or firm, management experience would be a plus
- Business partner, rigorus, autonomy, respect for deadlines, good interpersonal skills, taste for teamwork
The 5 most important qualities to succeed in this role:
- You are rigorous
- You have a strong entrepreneurial spirit
- You are “geeky” and love working with new tools and automate as many things as possible
- You are a Team player with a strong work ethic, positive attitude, and drive to succeed
- You are eager to learn and work in a changing environment
Benefits & location:
- Working with a very ambitious & mission driven team backed by powerful VCs (Index Ventures, GFC, Alven, Aglae)
- Location can be anywhere as long as we have access to a great talent pool of international talents
- Competitive package