- Date Posted
- Nov. 28, 2021
- Ankorstore is changing the way independent wholesalers do business.
- Its mission is to promote the development and growth of local and authentic retailers and help European brands expand their customer base.
Ankorstore is a partner to more than 100,000 retailers, florists, coffee-shops and other concept-stores across Europe - seeking authentic products and brands that e-commerce giants such as Amazon do not offer. The Ankorstore marketplace offers a product catalogue of over 10,000 European brands to retailers who want to offer their customers a differentiated shopping experience and new products. Ankorstore’s activity across Europe tripled in the first four months of 2021, despite half of Ankorstore’s affiliated retailers closing their doors during lockdowns.
In less than 1,5 years, Ankorstore is present in 23+ countries across Europe and has local offices in France, Germany, United Kingdom, the Netherlands and Sweden.
Ankorstore, part of the renowned FrenchTech 120, has asserted itself as an innovative growth lever for the retail sector with three fundraising events in just two years: 6 million euros in December 2019, 25 million in December 2020 and 84 million in May 2021.
At Ankorstore, we believe that local independent retailers have a great impact on the soul of our cities and villages, and we believe that they will flourish even more if they are provided with great tools and exceptional shopping conditions. With this in mind, we are building the largest marketplace that connects authentic European brands with thousands of independent retailers. We are extremely proud to be able to support these amazing entrepreneurs every day.
Ankorstore was founded in 2019 and has recently closed a $100 million Series B funding. We already have over 350 employees and want to continue to scale strongly. We are convinced that proximity is key to bring the most of our value to our business partners and this is why we want to build a team of talent in France.
About your role
- As Finance Operations Associate, you will help both Finance and Operations teams to provide our brands & retailers with a great experience.
- You will contribute to the growth of Ankorstore by supportingour operational teams in our new development projects.
In other words, you will:
- Partner with people across Ankorstore to support the scale of our operation team
- Supervise projections, documents and ensure the optimization of our internal processes
- Become a true partner across teams by providing input and guidance on business performance and finance expertise
- Propose on hands solution to concrete issue
- Guarantee the financial sustainability, regulatory and success of our new crazy projects
- Define, automate, develop and document operational processes
- You directly report to the Head of Finance
What we are looking for :
- At least 4 years experience in audit or consulting firm (Big 4), or in a similar role
- Good knowledge of P&L and general accounting process & procedure is required
- Experience in creating and scaling financial operations with best-in-class practices
- High attention to detail with a dedication to data integrity and operational efficiency
- You are smart, curious and comfortable with various finance subjects ranging from legal to taxation and financial analysis.
- You have the soul of an entrepreneur, you are willing and positive, you like to help and bring your expertise and workforce.
- Excellent French and English level
What’s in for you:
- Once in a lifetime opportunity to join one of the fastest growing European startups just after series B
- Working with a very ambitious & mission driven team backed by powerful VCs (Tiger Global, Bain Capital)
- Strong values, a real purpose-driven company, in an international environment
- A highly dynamic environment in a fast scaling company at a stage where you will able to shape things autonomously and participate to the future of the organisation
- A real playground for development with exciting career opportunities, locally or internationally, with strong mentors
- Competitive compensation
- Location: Paris